Chapter 38

I was back running with the pack the next day. My wolf was begging me to do so. It felt good, the wind running through my fur, all the smells and noises. I love being a wolf. Apollo didn't take Alpha role, he let Odin do it. He did try to challenge me for Beta, but Odin said no. Apollo wasn't upset at all, he was trying to see if I would wuss out. I never run from a fight.

Today we were at the mountain side just running through the trees, playing on the rocks. Selene, Ann and I were racing through an open spot. Selene out of nowhere jumps on me. We begin to play fight, then Ann jumps in. We tussle in the dirt and jump off the trees. Selene finally pins Ann down. She licks her snout then Ann does the same thing.

"No way!" I exclaim. Selene gets off Ann then nuzzles her. Ann nods her head then nuzzles Selene's black fur.

"I told you my mate might be in the bunker and I was right." Ann says happily trotting around me. Her reddish brown fur bounces with her as she trots back to Selene.

"I knew, I wanted her to realize it before I marked her." Selene licks Ann's face.

"You marked her already?" Selene shakes her head no. I hear a stick crack behind me then a grey wolf tries to jump on me. I move out the way then pin the wolf down. Dylan struggles under me then I let her up.

"Odin, lied to me. He said you would be easy to take down." I nuzzle her then quickly pin her down again.

"I may not be easy to take down, but you are." Ann and Selene giggle the turn their attention back to eachother. Dylan rolls her wolf eyes then makes a gagging sound. I chuckle and get off her.

"Do they always act like this now?"

"Yes and it is disgusting." We laugh then look at the two of them. Ann and Selene are not even paying attention to us. They are completely hypnotized by eachother.

"How bout we break up this little love fest?" I nod then pounce on Ann. Dylan pounces on Selene and laughs trying to kiss her.

"Aww come on Selene I want a kiss too." She jokingly whines. Selene pushes her off and pounces on her.

"I don't want to taste Odin, or whatever else of his you've been putting in your mouth!" Ann and I burst out laughing. I fall off Ann uncontrollably laughing. Dylan growls then pins Selene back down.

"I resent that comment! We haven't even mated yet!" Selene laughs and kicks Dylan off. They begin to fight and Ann jumps on me lightly biting my ear. We begin to fight and we somehow we all are in one big dust cloud playfully fighting.

"Excuse me ladies." We all stop and look in the direction of the voice. A big silver looking wolf sits on the rock above us. Rayne hops down then looks at the four of us. She has always been a kill joy.

"I heard that you know." She looks in my direction. I growl then look away.

"Odin told me to come get you guys. Come now." She trots away with her head and tail held up high.

"What's up with her?" Dylan ask. I chuckle then look at her.

"Her hormones are all out of whack cause she pregnant." The three of them giggle when I imitate Rayne. I begin to tort after Rayne.

"You heard the lady. Come now." They all giggle then hold their heads up high and their tails. We all trot in a straight line. We catch up to Rayne trotting just like her. Ann giggles when the pack chuckles. Rayne puts her head back to level and so do we. She looks back at us then looks back in front of her. She trots next to Apollo then sits down next to him. I jump up on the rock where Odin is and Dylan jumps to his other side.