Chapter 48

A few hours after Jamie leaves, Saryia says that she has to take care of a few things. The pack offers me their company, but I rather be alone right now. I walk through the garden clearing my mind. A lot has happen in eight months. I was captured, made a slave, a lover, now I am a lady of this house.

I found my mate, my Saryia. I like the way that sounds, my Saryia. Got a nice ring to it. My wolf prances around every time I say she is ours. I thought that this place would be hell on earth for me. To an extent it was, but it's alright here. Really, I have never been happier in my life.

I walk through the apple trees grabbing one of the bright red apples. I rub it on my shoulder then bite down. I admire these trees. They have been here for a lot of the mess that has gone down for these eight months. I lean against one of them biting further down into the apple. Out of the sweet silence around me, I hear a soft little whimper.

I listen harder and the sound echoes again into my ears. My eyes dart over to the woods, and I break out into a run. Saryia, put  down all the traps that were there, so I don't need to worry about getting snatched up by one.

I quickly run through the trees, jumping over fallen logs. The little whimper becomes louder as I close in on the sound. I smell the air and pick up a werewolf scent, and traces of blood. I look at the ground and see little paws prints going through the dirt.

I turn to my left and see nothing, then to the right. I follow the footprints until they lead to a log. I look in and hear the most adorable little growl. A little pup limps out the log slightly. The puppy's gloden blonde fur shimers in the sun light. The little one's big dark brown eyes stare up at me in fear.

I slowly get on my knees and inch closer to the wounded puppy. It looks like her front right paw has been bitten or slashed by something. I am very curios about this little pup. We never are able to shift this early. This little wolf couldn't be more than three and is in full wolf form. This little one must be strong.

As I inch closer, the little puppy backs away into the log. I use pack link to calm her down.

"It's alright, It's okay little one I won't hurt you. I want to help you." The little wolf's ears went up a little. Still the little one didn't move out the log. She must be really frightened, that could be the reason she is in her wolf form now.

"Talk to me sweetie, I can help you. Come on, you don't need to be scared." I took off my sweater and offered to her. Tears fall down her snout.

"I lost." She squeaks out. Her voice is so cute, no higher than the coo of a dove. Her little body begins to quake. My wolf's heart breaks for the little puppy. She has already gotten a attachment to her. She wants to protect her and love her. She wants to make her our pup. Eventually I was going to have to get a child to continue my Beta line. I gently smile at the little puppy and inch closer.

"I know sweetheart, but I found you. I promise you, I will always protect you. Come now, let's go home." I say softly. Those big dark chocolate eyes look at me filled with hope. She slowly limps out the log into my arms. She nuzzles me still whimpering and crying. I wrap my sweater around her and slowly get up.

"What is your name dear?" I say in a soothing tone. I look at her and she shakes her head.

"I don't have a name." She says back. I sigh and rub her back as I take her back to the mansion. I look at her hurt leg and see a strange marking on it. My wolf growls realizing that it was burned into her skin. Someone branded her. I want to kill who ever this is. Maybe Saryia will know what this is.

I look at my new pup's paw and see it has been cut by something. She might have stepped on something in the woods, but the blood crusted on her golden fur says that she has had this cut for a while. I hope it isn't infected.