Chapter 28

The next three weeks went by without any issue. I walked around the mansion when Saryia had her business partners over. She told me that wouldn't want to be in there and act nice to a bunch of stuck up vampires. I totally agreed, I can't stand people that think their better than me. I hadn't seen Mercy around that much. When I did she would go the opposite direction. I walked around with a confidence, Saryia must have scared the crap out of her.

I didn't see Jamie at all. I wasn't complaining, but I wondered if she ran away. I only saw her once after our break up. That one time was when I saw her in the orchard. I don't even know why I'm thinking about Jamie. I have a mate now, and she loves me more than life. I will remain loyal to her. While I was admiring the art in the hall, someone's strong arms pulled me into a corner pinning me against the wall.

To my surprise and disgust it was Jamie. I growled, she looked taken back. On top of that she looked like she hadn't been getting any type of sleep. Wonder why that is.

"We need to talk." She said quietly.

"Fuck off!" I snarled. She blinked hard then shook her head.

"I need to explain myself to you." Jamie took a deep breath. I chuckled in disgust.

"You don't need to explain anything. You lied to me, and you betrayed me!" Tears fell down her faced. I snorted, I wasn't in the mood for any of her crocodile tears.

"Hatspehut, listen to me please. I didn't want to sleep with her. I didn't want to hurt you. Sweetheart, I'm so sorry. Don't do this to us."

"There is no us!" I yell at her. Jamie's hand clasped around my throat. Her eyes turning light blue. She has never lashed out at me like this. The fear in my eyes must have been apparent because she let go of me. Out of nowhere her lips crush into mine. Her tongue in my mouth in no time at all.

I pushed her away and made my way to the garden. Jamie grabbed my waist pushing me back in the corner. I struggled to get away from her, but she gad a firm grip on me.

"I had no choice! Mercy was going to kill you if I didn't sleep with her! I never wanted any of this! It was all Saryia remember!. . . Please cast me not away! I love you." She finally loosened her grip. I slowly pushed her away. I sighed shaking my head.

"What's done is done. The goddess has spoken. Saryia and I are mated. I love her, I can never be yours again." Jamie backed away from me, tears falling from her face.

"Your lying! You are still angry with me! Tell me it isn't true!" Jamie's breathing quickened. I pulled down my shirt showing her the bite mark Saryia gave me. This time her bite stayed. Jamie's eyes burned with rage. She punched the wall behind her.

"Jamie, your free of me. I know you love Mercy, even though you won't admit it. You love her. Don't be miserable because of me. Let me go." Jamie walked back up to me taking my face in her hands. The look in her eyes changed to something I have never seen from her, darkness and malice.

"You chose this. Now you will pay for it." She let go of my face. I wasn't sure what she meant, but the look in her eyes gave me the idea. I got out of the corner and ran to Saryia's office. Jamie loosing her mind because of me! Mercy has corrupted her this much? No, Jamie wouldn't hurt me would she? All these questions flew through my head as I made my way to Saryia's office.

I finally got there out of breath and panting trying to regain it. I never thought that I would be afraid of Jamie, but I'm terrified right now. I waited outside for Saryia's meeting to be over. Constantly I looked behind my back, making sure I was alone. Mercy wants to kill me because I supposedly want Jamie. I hope I've made myself clear, I don't. Now Mercy may not be the only one that wants me dead.