Chapter 27

I walked down the hallway trying my best not to make a sound. The only sound that could be heard was the soft pattering of the rain on the windows. I passed Jamie's door and heard Mercy softly moaning. I didn't care if I made noise now, so I stormed down the rest of the hall with tears in my eyes. I shook it off and walked outside to the bunkers. I am trying my best to get over Jamie, but its like telling me to forget how breathe.

I walked up to the bunker house and knocked on the door. I looked at what I was wearing again before the door opened. A girl my height with hair blacker than the sky tonight stood in front of me. Her eyes widened when she saw me, she stepped aside after she bowed to me. Selene, that was the girl's name led me through a dark pathway to another door.

"Is Odin here yet?" I asked her. She opened the door and stepped aside again.

"Yes Beta, he is in there. Welcome to the bunkers." I walked past her into the large room. Every wolf in the pack was here. Everyone was dancing too. Patrick, the white wolf I fought earlier, had made a guitar out of wood and some strings he found. Renessa, found some hollow wood and made it a drum. The music they made was pretty cool. I like the beat. Odin was on the other side of the room. I felt so out of place until everyone came up and hugged me.

"Hatspehut, come here." Odin said. I quickly walked over to him. I bowed my head before I hugged him. When I let him go he smiled and gave me a drink. I took a few sips then looked in the cup. Was this...

"Yep, watered down wine. It's what they get for their dinner. I will have to talk to Saryia about this." I took a few more sips then put the cup down. I watched everyone having fun, laughing and dancing. Honestly I wasn't in any mood to dance or be happy. What cheer me up right now would be Saryia. I sighed then leaned against the wall.

"I know your down right now, but you can have a little fun. For me?" I looked into his light brown eyes then sighed. A finger tapped me and it was Ann, one of the younger wolves in our pack. She was only 14 when she was taken from her pack. The nervous smile on her face made my head tilt.

"Beta, will you dance with us?" She turned back to a group of the female wolves waving at us. I smiled and waved back. I nodded, she quickly took my hand and dashed to the group of girls. She kept a grip on my hands and start dancing to the beat. I wasn't really the best dancer and I really never danced before. I just stood there, Ann got what was going on.

"No one will judge you Hatspehut, just sway to the beat." I nodded and tried to take her advise. I began to sway to the slow beat. Ann and the other girls smiled as we danced together. Eventualy she let go of my hand as I got used to the Reggae beat. I forgot all about the pain and misery that was attacking my heart, and got consumed by the music.

I was laughing and having fun with the pack, it was just like before the war started. I felt carefree and I felt like a teenager again. I had a big smile on my face. I was really having fun. I was dancing around with Ann and Selene feeling free with them. Odin was dancing with Dylan, another girl in our pack. Odin's mate died already, he told me when we found out that Saryia killed our dad. I just remembered that. She was feisty like me, no wonder we got along so well. After she died I guess the goddess decide to make it up to him, with Dylan.

I never met my mate, but I knew she died though. I felt it while we were in the hideout. I never met her, but I suppose she would want me to move on. 'The goddess has a purpose for all of us.' my father's voice said in my head. I guess she does cause I'm pretty sure that my mate is Saryia now. Perhaps she let that night happen with Jamie so I could see that she was wrong for me... Thank the goddess!

"Do you want to mate with Jamie now?" I asked my wolf. She growled.

"Nope! I just wanted someone to claim... Saryia?" I pondered on it for a second. I smiled and answered her.