Chapter 37

Hatspehut

Jamie doesn't love me anymore. That had to be the biggest load of crap that I have ever heard! What did Mercy tell her before dinner to get her to say that? I know Mercy wants me dead, but Saryia won't allow it. She will never let anyone hurt me. After dinner Saryia and I take a walk through the garden. I have her jacket on my shoulders and her arm around my shoulders.

We stop in the orchard when Saryia grabs my waist. Her lips softly press into mine. I wrap my arms around her neck. We part looking into eachother's eyes. She kisses my nose then puts her forehead on mine. I gaze into her light blue eyes, easily getting lost.

"Do you really believe Jamie?" Saryia shakes her head no then kisses my neck.

"Mercy is threatening her with you. Her threats are futile anyway, she will not lay a hand on you." Saryia pulls me closer until our bodies are touching. She looks into my eyes then strokes my cheek.

"Your eyes are so mesmerizing. I can get lost for an eternity in them. They look lighter in the moonlight, they sparkle like the stars." I blush, Saryia giggles.

"You look so beautiful when you blush. Aphrodite herself could never live up to your beauty." My cheeks turn bright red. Saryia chuckles kissing my red cheeks. I look back into her eyes. She brushes back my hair. I smile and kiss her lips again.

"How does the ball room look?" Saryia smiles and looks back at the mansion.

"It looks great, no, it looks perfect. You cannot go in there until the night of your party." I roll my eyes then make a pouty face. Saryia chuckles and strokes my cheek again.

"I want you to be surprised when you see it." I let out a sigh then nod. Saryia giggles and kisses me again. She picks me up, pinning my back against a tree.

"What you want to do tonight?" She says taking a breath. Her lips run into mine again causing my train of thought to stop. I can't even get it back on track when her soft tongue slides into my mouth. I allow myself to get lost in her arms, her body, her scent, her being itself. I moan softly in her mouth loosing control of myself.

"So I take it this is your answer." We gaze back into eachother's eyes. I could barely nod. She smiles and leads me back to the mansion. I walk beside her kissing her hand. She picks me up in her arms spinning me around. I giggle and kiss her again when she leans in. I have to admit, I'm more than in love with Saryia. I'm madly in love with Saryia.

I never thought having a mate would be this amazing. I knew I was going to be in love and all, but I didn't know I could feel this much passion and energy. We walk up the steps and see a human girl stumbling out of Jamie's room. Her neck had two raw marks, she was bitten. It's that little red head girl Saryia made Jamie sleep with that night.

Her green eyes look far away, but she freezes in fear when she sees the two of us. I walk up to her and she falls back. I catch her before she can fall. I look back at Saryia as I help her to her feet. Saryia looks very upset. She walks up to the little girl and looks at the bite.

"Who did it?" She says sternly. The little girl tears up and clears her throat.

"Mercy, my lady." Saryia's eyes turn white then she takes a deep breath.

"Take her down to the bunkers, please Haty." I nod and pick up the little girl. She puts her head on my shoulder then I take her down the stairs. I walk out the mansion door and head to the bunkers. I kick the door hard and wait for someone to open it. I kick hard again when no one answers.

"Ann!" I yell in the little window. Footsteps come running to the door. The door opens and it is Ann. She looks at the girl in my arms then to me.