Chapter 47

Jamie stalks Saryia and I. She has the knife ready to stab into Saryia first. I turn Saryia around to shield her with my body. Jamie looks at the two of us, and tears fall from her eyes. 

"What are you waiting for Jamie?! Kill them! Come on get it over with!" Mercy hisses. Jamie looks at me. Her hand begins to shake. I see her eyes turn back to dark blue again. She stares at Saryia and I, as we are shivering and whispering soothingly in eachother's ear.

"I have to do something first." Jamie turns back to Mercy. She extends her hand to Mercy. Mercy smiles confidently and takes it. Jamie pulls Mercy to her side, not taking her eyes off Saryia and I.

"This is something I should have done long time ago." Jamie brushes her thumb over Mercy's lips.

"This is what I must do . . . to protect the one I love." Jamie leans in to Mercy's lips. They touch and Mercy wraps her arms around Jamie. Jamie keeps one arm around Mercy while she steadies the hand holding the knife.

Saryia and I break our hug and try to get out of here, but there is no way we can pass through. Jamie breaks off the kiss and in a quick flash lashes her hand out that is holding the knife. I look at myself and don't see the knife anywhere in me. I look over at Saryia and don't see it in her ether.

My eyes widen when I see the knife buried in Mercy's chest. Mercy looks as shocked as I do. A stream of tears fall from her face. Jamie looks at her with no sort of emotion on her face.

"I am no longer yours, and I will not let you hurt what I love the most." Jamie turns the knife and Mercy jolts. Mercy's hand cups Jamie's cheek.

"Kiss me." Mercy whispers. Jamie tenderly places her lips on Mercy's. They tighten their grips on eachother as best as they can. Mercy's hand falls limply from Jamie's cheek after a few moments into their kiss. Jamie parts from Mercy's frozen lips. She lays Mercy down gently, taking the knife out of her breathless chest. Jamie drops the knife next to her. She strokes Mercy's cheek then kisses her forehead.

"Farewell my one time love. May you find peace in the other world." She whispers against Mercy's forehead. Jamie looks up at me. I am shivering and shaking helplessly. Jamie stands up and walks over to me. She drops to her knees. We are at eye level with eachother. In her eyes, I see all of that craziness and witchcraft madness fade. She is back. My Jamie is back. Jamie embraces me and holds me close against her warm body.

"I told you she wouldn't win my heart a second time." I sob into her shoulder and quake more. Jamie rocks me gently and rubs my back.

"It's okay sweetheart, it's over now. It's over." I wail louder into her shoulder, uncontrollably shaking. I thought she was really going to do it. I feel Saryia's body come up behind me. She joins in the hug and looks at Jamie.

"I thought you were gone. I thought I lost you." Jamie somberly grins, holding Saryia as well.

"Even if I wanted to, I couldn't bring myself to doing it. I will not slaughter the only family I have left." Saryia weakly grins and embraces Jamie and I tighter. The three of us sit there, holding and comforting eachother.

"Hatspehut!" I hear Apollo yell. I snap out of this warm moment and look up.

"Apollo!" I shout back. I see he and Odin run up the stairs. Both of them gasp at the sight of Mercy laying lifeless on the floor. Her blood slowly seeps out  of her body onto the carpet. They look at the three of us then see the blood coming from my dress.

"Are you hurt?" Odin asks softly. I look down at the large stain and shake my head no. Jamie stands up and helps Saryia and I to our feet. Jamie slowly walks over to Mercy's body.