89. Preparations

The rest of the school year, the actual week they had left, passed by very quickly. Ron and Sirius both got out of the hospital wing and were moving around pretty good on their own. Dumbledore allowed Sirius to stay at Hogwarts until the end in case Voldemort tried anything. Alaina nursed Severus back to health, for the most part. His head still hurt on occasion, but it was nothing to be worried about. Harry and Hermione told Ron of what had happened between them, but Hermione didn't tell him why. He didn't ask either. He seemed rather happy about the news, although neither of them knew why. Things were definitely looking up.

The corrections to what had happened in the past year were made to the Daily Prophet. Harry kept having people apologize all over themselves to him, which he sort of enjoyed. They had all been mean to him and wouldn't speak to him, after all. It was only fair that they apologize. He took the time to get to know Sirius, which was holed up in Lupin's office with him. The two of them being old friends, the time they spent together gave them ample chance to catch up. Harry got to know the both of them better in his extra time as well.

"Are you feeling okay today?" Alaina asked.

Severus was lying on the couch in her office. He had been staying there since he'd gotten out of the Hospital Wing. She had been tending to him, just as she'd promised Madmae Pomfrey. He was finally able to take the head wrap off and make due with a square bandage on the side he hit his head on.

"Yes, love. Thank you," Severus answered. "You've been wonderful to me. You and Harry both."

"Well, we love you."

"I know. I love you both too." He cleared his throat. "And since I've been here for a while, on your couch, I've had time to do some thinking."

Alaina arched her brow. "What kind of thinking?"

"About us. And the wedding."

She smiled. "Go on."

"Well, I thought, for a while, that we should wait and get married after this whole business with Voldemort is out of the way and over with. But that could take years. I don't want to wait, Alaina. Let's have it this summer. Maybe this July. Like we planned. We can invite everyone by then."

"Where?"

"I don't know yet. I was hoping you could help me with that little problem. What do you think?"

"Severus, I think it's wonderful," Alaina gushed. "To tell you the truth, I didn't want to wait. I didn't want to put it off, but I knew it was for the best."

He sat upright on the couch and patted the cushion beside of him. Alaina sat down, and he draped his arm around her shoulders. She leaned against him, her head against his chest.

"I can't wait any longer to marry you, Alaina." He kissed her gently on the forehead. "I'll have Albus announce it at the feast."

Her eyes widened, as a sudden thought came to her. "Why can't we have it here? Like we discussed."

Severus frowned. "At Hogwarts?" He had completely forgotten.

"Yes. It's perfect. This is where we spend most of our time and all our friends are here. Harry would probably love the idea too."

"I'm sure he would. I think that's an excellent idea. Of course we'll need to run it by Albus. I still haven't done that yet."

"He will see nothing wrong with it."

"I don't suppose he will."

Alaina sighed. "I can't wait to marry you. Alaina Snape has a nice ring to it."