92. A Wedding at Hogwarts

The rest of the week flew by, without incident. Severus made a batch of Sleeping Potion for Harry. His nightmares were suppressed by it. It was a special potion he had made for himself a long time ago, a special recipe, when he had lost Lily and then Alaina when she left. He and Alaina informed Harry that it had been Voldemort toying with his mind, that what he saw in his nightmares were designed to torture and nothing else. None of it was true. Harry had a hard time believing it at first, but then he started to see that it made a lot of sense. If he was a head case, Voldemort wouldn't be worried about him. He had been trying to make him weaker. He wasn't even sure why he was after him the first place, but he didn't have time to worry about it right then.

The wedding was upon them. Alaina and Severus had started to make preparations and to get ready. Harry was up in his room doing the same. They were leaving for the castle in just a few minutes. He straightened his suit in the mirror one last time and then headed out the door. Neither his mother or Severus were in the living room. He started to sit down on the couch to wait, but there was a small knock at the door. He rushed over to answer it. He flung the door open, and his face went white. There, in front of him, was none other than Draco Malfoy. He scowled.

"What are you doing here?" Harry demanded.

Draco swallowed hard. "I need you to come with me. It's about the wedding. Voldemort is going to try and kidnap you."

"And I suppose you're going to keep me safe?"

"That was the idea."

"I don't believe you."

Draco looked nervously behind him. "We haven't much time. Leave your mum and Snape a note and come on. If he finds out I'm doing this, he'll kill me and you both."

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Why are you doing this?"

He sighed, exasperated. "I don't like you or Snape, but I don't want to see either of you die. He's going to use you to get Snape to come after you, to lead him to his death."

His eyes widened. Harry still wasn't sure he could trust him. "Just a moment."

He walked over to the table by the door and picked up a piece of paper. He scribbled a short note and left it there by their wands, which he knew they would get before they left. He walked back over to the door.

"Ready?" Draco asked.

Harry nodded. "I'm still not sure about this."

"You're just going to have to trust me, Potter."

Harry gulped. That was exactly what he was afraid of. Still, he didn't want to be used as a bargaining chip, and Draco seemed sincerely fearful of Voldemort's plan. He wasn't sure why, but maybe he was telling him the truth. It was stil odd, him being there at his house though. He didn't like it, but what choice did he have? How had Draco even found out where he lived?

"How did you know where to find me?"

"Locator spell."

Harry frowned suspiciously at him. "Fine. Let's go. But if this is a trap, and I live, I will hunt you down, Malfoy."

Draco nodded hastily. "Fine. Can we go now?"

Harry followed him into the field there by the house. He stopped when they were halfway inside of it. Voldemort walked calmly out of the bushes toward him. Harry glared at Draco, daggers shooting from his eyes. Draco's face was even paler than normal, his expression showing shock. He had not been expecting anyone. He had truly been trying to help Harry, but why? If he made it out of this, he was definitely going to ask him.