Chapter 6

"So how have your lessons with Professor Lupin been going?" Siera asked Harry.

Lately, she'd noticed how he always looked depressed or furious. No matter how much she begged him to tell her what was wrong he never did. She knew he was worried about Sirius Black. He'd attacked once more, this time gaining entry to the Gryffindor common room. Even going so far as to slash Ron's sheets.

She couldn't blame him for being on edge, but she wished he would open up to her.

"Fine, I suppose. I can repel a dementor easier than before. But I'm still not very good at it. I can't figure out why."

"Well, what's your happy memory?"

He paused, and she could see in his face that he didn't want to tell her. He shrugged, "it's not that."

Siera suppressed a frustrated sigh. He wouldn't tell her anything these days!

"Oh..." she said instead.

It was quiet for a couple of minutes until Siera asked if he'd heard anything about Buckbeak or Hagrid.

Buckbeak's trial for injuring Malfoy had come to an end. To say she was angry about the outcome was an understatement. Malfoy had injured himself by acting like an arrogant fool.

Siera loved that Hippogriff. She and Hermione had been using their free time to search for winning cases involving the same incidents. They were also helping Hagrid prepare a defense. Even going so far as to hold fake cross-examinations in his garden. While doing so, she'd spent lots of time with Buckbeak. He was a very sweet Hippogriff, he just had no tolerance for disrespect. As well as a penchant for weasels.

"I haven't heard from Hagrid yet. The execution is supposed to be today. I'm going to meet with Hermione and Ron to go see him. Did you want to come with us?"

"Yes, I would. I hope he feels no pain..."

"I hope they cut off the beast's bloody head!" Siera turned around, faced with a sneering Draco Malfoy.

She had just opened her mouth to reply when Harry stepped in front of her. "We're not really in the mood Malfoy." His voice was cutting.

"But I am, Potter." He drawled.

"Not everyone worships the ground you step on." Harry shot back.

Malfoy ignored that comment, shooting a disdainful glance towards Siera.

"Still running around with Mudbloods are you?" He asked Harry.

Harry stepped forward, his hand flying to his pocket as if he were going to pull out his wand but he was stopped with a hand on his arm.

"Is there a problem here boys?" Professor Lupin was looking even more tired than usual. The bags under his eyes were more pronounced, and his robes hung off his body like oversized curtains.

"No professor," Harry said, his hand falling back to his side.

Malfoy smirked.

"Draco, why don't you go off to your common room?"

"Yes... Professor." He sneered the last part, before strutting away as if he owned the place.

Siera looked up at professor Lupin and smiled nervously. "Are we in trouble?" She stuck out her bottom lip and batted her eyelashes.

"That doesn't work on me Siera. You aren't in trouble, but you should both stop picking fights."

"We weren't picking fights." She and Harry said at the same time.

Professor Lupin smiled, the expression lighting up his face for a moment. He looked at them both fondly. "Harry, if you wouldn't mind giving Siera and I some privacy. There's something I need to discuss with her."