Chapter 32

Siera finally turned and sobbed into Lupin's chest, trying to erase that last image of George that would forever be burned into her mind.

His eyes, which had also been so deep and comforting to her, had glazed over as he fell from her.

Sirius was looking down at the boy as his daughter sobbed a mere foot away from him. He had witnessed the ultimate act of love, and it left him weary.

As he began to lift his hand he noticed something strange.

The boy's skin, which should feel frigid to the touch, was still warm.

"He's not dead." Sirius whispered, almost to himself more than those around them.

Tonks heard him and strode forward, going to her knees and putting a finger to his neck.

"I can feel his pulse!" She exclaimed, "It didn't kill him!" She looked up at Sirius in bewilderment.

"How is that possible?" Lupin wondered out loud.

"He's isn't dead?" Siera pulled away from Lupin and crawled to George, sniffling as she laid her hands on his chest and shook him lightly. "Wake up, George."

"We need to get them out of here, before the Daily Prophet comes."

"You're right." Sirius said, "Siera take my hand."

"I won't leave him here!"

"He'll come with us, I promise." Sirius told her, "but we need to leave now."

Siera nodded and squeezed her eyes shut, making sure to keep one hand wrapped tightly in the fabric of George's shirt in order to pull him with them.

She was too consumed with her worry for George to register the feeling of apparating, but the next thing she knew they were in the living room of Grimmauld Place.

Lupin was right behind them, appearing right next to Sirius.

"What do we do?" She cried, holding George's head on her lap.

Now that she had a chance to actually look at him she could tell that his chest was rising ever so slowly.

She had only ever seen one person that had been victim of a killing curse.

Cedric Diggory's expression had paralyzed into the look of surprise he had worn when he was killed, his skin was as white as a sheet, and from what Harry had told her, his skin could have frozen water.

George, on the other hand, was paler than usual but there was still the tint of healthiness in it, and when she touched his skin it was still held the tiniest bit of warmth.

She could even tell that his eyes were moving beneath his lids.

"We need to take him to St. Mungos." Lupin told them, laying a hand on Siera's shoulder in comfort.

"We also need to get a hold of his parents." Sirius added.

"Tonks is already taking Ron and Ginny home to do that."

"Where's Fred?"

"After he told us about the letter, imagine my surprise in learning I was being tortured, we told him to go to his parents and lay low."

"Lupin, we should take him to St. Mungos now." Siera suggested.

Now that she knew George was alive, at least for now, she was able to focus and knew that there was no telling what would happen.

As far as she knew the only other person to survive a killing curse was Harry, but even then the curse had rebounded.

This time it, didn't. The curse had his George full force, she had felt his body arc when it hit him, but still he lived.