Chapter 21

Sirius sat in the waiting room, in dog form. It would have been comical, seeing a large shaggy in a hospital. If not for the fact that his daughter was a hallway away, dying.

Lupin was asleep, the bags under his eyes showing that it was the first time he had in days.

Molly Wealey was also there, furiously sewing on an ever growing scarf the color of violets. Her husband was fiddling with a muggle contraption he'd found in a dumpster outside of the hospital. Gaining disapproving looks from his wife.

Four Weasley teenagers sat on the floor, none of them spoke. Because all of them were waiting. Waiting for the word that their friend would live.

Out of all of them, George was the most scared. He felt guilty, sad, depressed, and angry. He blamed himself, for not going with her. 

His siblings all equally blamed themselves as well. None of them offered to go with her, Fred felt as if he forced his brother to help him.

So none of them spoke, they all just hoped Siera would be okay. Hoped she'd be able to make it to her next year of school.

Hermione and Harry weren't there that day. Hermione was able to visit for an hour or so each day. harry wasn't allowed to visit at all. Though he wanted to badly.

He had won the Triwizard tournament, at the expense of Cedric Diggory, and Voldemort being reborn. He'd givin his winnings to the Weasley twins, knowing they'd have more use for it than himself.

The only reason he was able to know how Siera was doing was by owl. And the letters he got were brief and to the point. They were sent from Ron mostly. Who didn't know all the details, or how to describe his feelings. 

A nurse stopped in the doorway and motioned to Lupin and Molly and Arthur. Of course she ignored the dog, but he was in the lead of the line behind the nurse.

She led them to outside of Siera's room. She layed in the hospital bed, her eyes closed tightly. Her body bound in those chains. They'd managed to stop the burning part of the magic, but the chains still were deadly. 

"We've called in a specialist on this type of dark magic, he'll be here shortly. When the doctor spoke to him over the phone he seemed confident he could remove the chains without the loss of Siera's life. "

There was a large sigh of relief. "That worry is over, but there's still more problems. It seems Siera was subject to multiple uses of the Cruciatus Curse."

There was a gasp of disbelief and outrage.

"She was in the chains for days, we don't know if we'll be able to get rid of the scars, it depends on the magic that makes the chains stick. Also there is no telling if her mind will be stable. She will still function, but she may be insane. Pain can do many things to us."

Molly grabbed Arthur's hand and held onto it tightly. Lupin sat a hand on the dog's shoulder. They all looked into Siera's room.

~~~~~

"Hello, is everyone here close to Siera Black?" A lean man of medium height with square glasses and dark hair pulled back in a pony tail stood in the doorway of the waiting room. 

"Yes, we are." Lupin answered, standing and offering his hand to the man.

"I'm Professor Giolandin. I work at a Wizarding College. We specialize in understanding, counteracting, and curing curses and dark magic."

Professor Giolandin shook Lupin's and all of the Weasley's hands. He even brought himself to let the dog shake his hand, though he felt quite silly.