Chapter 31

Siera's hands trembled violently as she stared down at the note, her eyes unable to concentrate on the words for a moment.

George read the note over her shoulder and she heard the sharp intake of his breath as he comprehended what the note meant.

Not only was Siera's father in danger, but some of his closest friends and two of his siblings were going straight into the fire.

"Siera, please tell me you aren't going to do what I think you are going to do.."

Siera dropped the note and took a deep breath, turning away from the two for a moment.

When seh turned back, her face was a mask of dedication.

"Fred, go track down the Order, you know their hiding spots best." She ordered him.

She could tell that Fred was surprised, and George was hesitant. He didn't want her to get into dangerous situations, but this was her dad that she was talking about. 

"We have to help you guys. I'm tired of standing back and letting my friends risk their lives."

"How will you help them by putting yourself right into the middle of it?" George asked her, his entire demeanor pleading for her to stay.

"I will not risk losing my dad, pretty much the only real family I have left, because I don't want to get hurt. Do you want to sit here, in complete safety, while Ron and Ginny could be fighting for their lvies right now?"

George looked into her eyes and she could see the love, unease, and guilt in his expression. Finally, he looked away from her in defeat.

"We can go."

"Thank you George." Siera laid a hand on his arm for a moment and then turned back to Fred.

"You know what to do?"

"Aye aye, Captain. What about you two?" 

Siera grabbed George's arm, "We will be helping our friends. Hurry."

Siera closed her eyes, the familiar feeling of being pulled inside out unsettling her when she opened her eyes to reveal that they stood in a deserted alley, just across the street from the Ministry.

George groaned and stepped back from her, "I hate being apparated by other people," he whined, frowning at her as if it were all her fault.

She chuckled and shook her head at him.

"Where's the nearest entrance?" She asked him after peering around the corner to make sure no one was in the immediate vicinity.

George joined her in checking if the coast was clear and then took her hand.

"It's this way."

Siera and George sprinted across the street to a bright red telephone booth

He stepped into it, and after a moment of hesitation Siera followed him. 

The box seemed like any other regular telephone booth, but she knew that it wasn't.

It seemed to her that even though she had been aware of magic for six years, it never ceased to amaze her.

She almost wished that her first visit to the Ministry of Magic was under better circumstances, so that she could pay attention to how the entrance worked.

As it was she was too anxious to get into the Ministry already.

When the telephone booth finally came to a halt in the foyer of the ministry they were surprised to find it completely deserted.