Chapter Thirty

"So if you don't mind, I'll walk that line
Stuck on the bridge between us
Gray areas and expectations
But I'm not the one if we're honest, yeah
But I wanna sleep next to you
And I wanna come home to you
I wanna hold hands with you
I wanna be close to you"
-Troye Sivan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty 

*Zayn POV*

"We need to look more closely into this" I said to the detective. He just didn't f*cking get it. It was all a blunder.

"We are trying our best here, Zayn."

"Is this your best?!" I stood up, kicking my chair away. I will f*cking kill this idiot.

"We are trying here and you are not helping!" he said curtly.

"What you want from me? I told you everything! And about that plan you already knew. So don't f*cking put this on me."

God what was up with me?

"Look, just do whatever you can. What about George and Austin, did they say anything?"

"Yes about them, Zayn we can't keep them here forever. I don't think they know much about it."

"No. They will stay here unless Faith comes back."

"We can't do that, you know that."

"The bloody f*ck we can! George was the last one who saw Faith and we have the footage." I fisted my hands tightly around the wooden desk. Just the thought of that footage makes me want to kill that prick.

"And Austin is also involved and we have their text message. What the f*ck is your point here?"

"My point is...There is no such activity happening from their side so far. I don't think they are involved in this. I think something else has happened."

"My decision will stay the same! And what else do you mean exactly?"

"Nothing as such."

I looked at him directly, "Speak!"

"Maybe just maybe there is a chance that maybe...She is dead."

And everything inside me flipped. The fear I was feeling the most....the last thing that I wanted. The fear which I was running away from for the past seven days was coming alive. Somebody was telling me the thing which I was running away from.

"No, she is not dead!" I tried to say it without choking.

"How could you be so sure?" This prick was testing me.

"I just know. You can leave now."

"But there can be chances."

"You need to leave now before I f*cking smash your head." I said looking him straight in the eyes. Bloody prick.

With a single nod he was out of the door.

As soon as he left, I lost it. I picked up the tumbler filled with whiskey and smashed it down.

"F*cking A**hole"

I took my blazer jacket from my chair and started marching out.

My manager was following behind me and talking rapidly which I didn't care about.

"Sir, where are you going?"

"Basement."

"Sir, just..Sir...rr I think-"

"Stay here I don't need your bullshit talk."