Chapter Ten

No silver or no gold
Could dress me up so good
You're the glitter in the darkness of my world
Just tell me what to do
I'll fall right into you
We're going under 'cause cast the spell just say the word
I feel your love
-Charli XCX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was waiting for Zayn’s family to arrive. Zayn was still sleeping because of his fever. His is better now but I still told him get more sleep. Torres went to the airport to escort Zayn’s family. The weather was better. The sun was shining, finally after several days where the dark clouds were looming over us.

“Faith darling, have some tea you look a bit pale,” Martha said while mixing the strawberry syrup. “No thanks…I’m good” I said forcing out a fake smile.

“Martha is the table set? I think they will have breakfast when they arrive. What do you think?” I asked her. “Darling you just need to relax. We’ll know what they need when they arrive.” She smiled. “Why aren’t they here yet? Why is Torres taking so much time? Should I call him?” I rumbled on and on.

But my questions were answered when I heard the shuffling of multiple footsteps in the foyer. “They are here…I’ll just go there and welcome them,” I nodded looking down at outfit. Everything was fine. I breathed in and out. I rushed outside.

“Oh Faith, here you are. How are you darling?” Zayn’s mother rushed to me. I grinned, my smile was stretching so wide when I saw the whole family. “Hello Trisha I am good,” I hugged her. “Faith gosh! I missed you,” Waliyha hugged me grinning. Doniya was next to hug me and last but not least Safaa. She had gotten taller since the last time I saw her. Greeting Zayn’s dad was the most awkward thing.

“Hello Mr. Malik,” I said. “Hello Faith, how are you?” he asked with a hint of a small smile. “I’m Good,” I gave him my best smile. He nodded. “Where is Zayn?” Doniya asked when Torres entered with their luggage. “He is sleeping. He had a high fever yesterday but he is good now. I’ll just go and wake him up,” I said smiling as the worried expressions covered their faces.

“I’ll go and wake him!” Safaa said already climbing the stairs and Waliyha followed her. “He can never take care of himself,” Trisha said worried and slightly angry. “I agree on that,” I said “Come on, how about we have breakfast?” I suggested.

“Dear we first we’d like to take shower. The flight had made us feel so dizzy and tired.” Trisha said. “Oh—okay” I nodded as they all went to their rooms. Zayn’s Parent took the room downstairs as they don’t have the power to keep climbing and descending the stairs. I went upstairs with Doniya to our room. I opened the door seeing Safaa sitting on Zayn’s lap and Waliyha beside him. They were both looking at his phone smiling.

“Have a little space for the old sister?” Doniya asked teasingly. Zayn looked up smiling “come here,” he moved away to let her sit on the empty space he provided. I just stood there watching their brother-sister moments. “Faith see, Zayn’s showing us your pictures,” I furrowed my eyebrows at him. I moved towards them as he scrolled to the next picture of me in the balcony. ‘When did he take them?’ I questioned in my mind. “I took them when you weren’t looking,” Zayn answered my question without glancing at me. I smiled.

“Come on girls let’s go get a shower” Doniya said to both of them. They both agreed and said that they’ll meet us downstairs when they’re done. As they shut door I moved towards the bed and placed my knee on it. I stood there looking at him. He was smiling. “What?” I asked. “Nothing, come here,” he said pulling me towards him.

He kissed me. A long hard kiss—massaging my tongue with his. “What’s with the pictures huh?” I asked between our kisses. “I like taking pictures of you,” he said holding my face gently. I didn’t say anything. “Where is mom and dad?” he asked me. “They are in their rooms getting ready—come on go take shower,” I urged him; pushing him to the direction of the bathroom. “Yes ma’am,” he smirked and entered the bathroom.

***