Chapter Twenty

The spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It’s harder to reach her
Even though I've tried
Spaces between us
Hold all our secrets
Leaving us speechless
And I don’t know why

-One Direction

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Zayn am I looking okay?—I don’t know what to wear and this dress—“ I keep rambling in front of Zayn as he fixes his cuff links.

“Babe stop getting all worked up over this internship.” He said looking at me in the mirror. The mirror is big enough for both us to look in the walk-in-closet and Zayn was standing on his side getting ready to control his achievements. And I am on my side.

“I don’t how this will go...And I will screw up, I can already feel it.” I slumped on the couch separating both of our sections of clothes.

“Hey…” Zayn comes on my side crouching in front of me.

“You are going to do fine. I know your capabilities and how amazing you are. I know you can be nervous it’s perfectly okay. But don’t let your nervousness over take you.” he smiles at me. I nod kissing his parted lips.

 He pulled me down with him and we hit the ground with a thud. I laugh at his clumsy attempt and he followed my lead. I hugged him and he did the same.

“You will do great Faith.” I nod. I pushed myself up and he followed me

“What should I wear? I don’t know what to wear on the first day of an internship.”

“I don’t know either” he laughs. He starts knotting his silver tie which is contrasting his black suit.

I pulled out a fuchsia colored blouse with dark brown pants and showed him.

“Will this do?”

“You will look lovely in whatever you wear Babe. This will do.”  I quickly changed into it and Zayn was out of the sight, mostly downstairs by now.

I look at myself seeing I am better from yesterday. I knot my hair back in a small bun and while doing so Zayn’s promise ring on my finger twinkles in the light making me smile. I trust him but still I always doubt his capabilities. And this ring always reminds me.

Grabbing my bag and slipping in my black ballet shoes I went downstairs.

Zayn was sipping his coffee, I joined him.

 “Morning Martha.”

“Good morning love. I will fix you some breakfast.” Martha is always bright and generous.

“No I am good just some coffee will do today.”

Zayn looks at me, his lips thinned in a line “Martha she will eat.”
“Very well Mr. Malik.” Martha left.

“Zayn I don’t want to” I whined.

“You are just nervous. You need food to work in a restaurant.” His tone is stern.

“Okay” I slumped back on my seat. He looks up at me and smiles.

“What?” I straighten up my slouchy posture.

“Nothing. Can’t I look at you?” he kisses my forehead, I smile placing my head on his shoulder.

“You will do great.” He kisses my hand this time.

***

I kissed him goodbye as he dropped me off in front of Vozar’s Restaurant which is where me, Ellie and George will work for the next twenty days and complete our diploma.

I stepped inside the fancy door of Vazor’s showing my identity card to the receptionist. Zayn insisted to come inside but I told him I will be fine.