Chapter Sixteen

This love is good, this love is bad

This love is alive back from the dead
These hands had to let it go free
And this love came back to me

This love left a permanent mark
This love is glowing in the dark
These hands had to let it go free
And this love came back to me
-Taylor Swift

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One month has passed and everything around is okay….just okay. Zayn has been distracted with work and I am busy with my diploma.

The calls from Victoria are often and he leaves more often for meetings. And I don’t even know who Victoria actually is? Zayn always says she is someone from office and works for him but I just can’t digest it.

I meet Ellie practically everyday and we are getting closer with time. She has been here at our house twice for lunch. And I am doing pretty well in classes as well.

 George tries to talk to me but I avoid him with small talks and short replies.

Everything is okay.

There are days when I fall asleep in the living room without eating anything and Zayn comes late…Really late.

 And falls asleep as well without even bothering to eat or ask me anything. Something is eating him and he is just not telling me like usual. My patience is wearing thin. Today I am going to confront him…Hopefully.

 I am taking a few advices from Ellie and she always says the same thing...to talk, to talk and clear out the confusion. It hurts me to see Zayn this distracted all the time.

I set the table in the dining room and heat the food. It’s already past ten but I received a text from Zayn earlier that he will be here any minute. I set the wine bottle, when I hear the footstep in the foyer and soon Zayn is coming towards the dining room with his brief case and trench coat still on.

“Hey” I smile as he gives me a hug and a kiss on my forehead.

“Hi. I will be back.” With that he went to his study and came back later in just his shirt and pants.  

We both eat dinner talking about the day. He was guarded throughout the dinner. He took his wine glass in the living room where he is trying to watch television but we both know for a fact that he hates watching T.V. and he was behaving very distant. I sigh placing our dishes in the sink.

I sat beside him and he pulled me closer placing a kiss on my forehead. I sigh dwelling in his comfort. “Are you tired?” he asked switching off the T.V. “No…Zayn we need to talk.”

 “About what?”

“I don’t know…but something is not right.” He was silent as his finger threads in my hair.

“Faith, I hate this…being out late and you waiting for me everyday this late.” I pulled away from him so I could look him in the eyes.

“I have no problem doing it…but it is just too often. And you are not yourself lately. I know you are going through something. And we have had this conversation many times before. But Zayn you need to tell me. If you don’t tell me I don’t know…” I stop before completing the sentence.

 “You don’t know what Faith?”

“Nothing…nothing” I shrug.

“No what Faith” he sounds nervous. I sigh as a single tear makes its way down my cheek “I don’t know if this relationship will work out.”

“No! no..no.” he rubbed his face with his hand and then he took both my hands in his. “Never ever say that again….I can’t lose you baby.”

“I’m sorry I will be a good partner and I will tell you everything but please don’t ever say that again. We will work this out…but don’t just don’t say”
I cut him off by pulling him closer and kissing him. He stayed still then kissed me back, his hands are shaking as his lips move slowly against me. “I am sorry I will never do or say that.” I cupped his cheek.