Chapter Eighteen

Yeah, the a taste of your lips on the tip of my tongue
Is at the top of the list of the things I want
Mind is running in circles of you and me
Anyone in between is the enemy
Now I'm searching every lonely place
Every corner calling out your name
Tryna find you but I just don't know
Where do broken hearts go?
-One Direction

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Victoria”

It all went numb on the inside as Perrie said the name of the girl. I had never met her but I am judging her motives and I am furious right now. But I am mad at Zayn.

 If the news is real I don’t how I will be able to take it.  He never told me about his first girlfriend and he lied when I asked him. He lied. And now everything seems to set in place.

 Her late night calls and Zayn attending them. He lied all this time.

“Best of luck.” Perrie whispers. “Darling you are a bit pale.”

I didn’t bother to reply her back. I move towards Zayn clutching the stem of the champagne flute so tight that I can sense it will break if I didn’t loosen my grip on it.

I took a deep breath before facing him. He is still talking to her laughing at different occasions and his hand still on her back.

“Zayn” I almost choked feeling the lump building in my throat.

“Faith” he looks at me with a smile but his eyes are guarded and so are mine.

 “Hey.” He took me back in his embrace but I pulled back creating some distance. He noticed but didn’t say anything.

His hand from her waist was long gone.
I give him his champagne. “Thank you.” I nod looking over at Victoria.

She is beautiful, with sharp features, dark brown eyes. Her dress looks flawless on her.

 “Don’t you want to introduce me?” I ask looking at him.

 “Yes of course…She is Victoria. I have told you about her.”

“Oh the one who works for you?” I questioned.

 “Yes, the very same.  And this beautiful lady is my girlfriend. Faith.”

We both nod in acknowledgement at each other.

 “Zayn she is beautiful.”

 “Thank you. I know.” I stayed quiet.

 “If you shall excuse me. It was nice meeting you Faith.” Victoria excused herself.

 “Are you enjoying the party so far?” Zayn said rubbing my arm.

He knows something is up. I can tell by his looks.

“Yes, of course. Meeting two for your exes is just so wonderful. I can’t enjoy anymore.” I looked away drinking my drink which now doesn’t seem that pleasant as it should.

I hear him curse under his breath.

 “I was going to tell you.”

“You lied.” I said curtly.

 “And it seemed to me like you both were enjoying each other’s company.”

 “No it is not what you are thinking it to be.”

 “Well sorry Zayn but it looks like what I am thinking.”

“Did you meet Perrie?” I look up at him; his eyes are narrowed with anger.

 “Yes.”

 “Why?”

“It was just sheer coincidence.”

“Fuck!” his grip on my waist tightens.

 Before he could say something someone else interrupted him. And after that we never had a chance to talk, I stayed beside’s him. We had dinner but Victoria sat exactly opposite to Zayn, making small conversation here and there every once in a while.