Chapter Five

“Look how the stars,
look how they shine for you,
everything that you do,
it was all yellow”
-Coldplay

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five 

I woke up around eight. Beside me, Zayn is fast asleep. Our legs tangled between the sheets and his both hands around me; Naked. He’s facing me; lips parted slightly and eyelashes touching his cheeks. God, he is beautiful like angel. I can watch him like this all day without thinking about time or anything else. What I did to deserve him.

After a few moments, I felt him stir, and his eyes flutter opened. He looks at me then smile- a slow sleepy smile. “Hey” he murmurs.

“Happy birthday” I whisper back. Happy to first to greet him.

He mouthed ‘thank you’

All the memories from the last night start playing in my head. The dinner, the ring and the way he made love to me. I smile staring at this beautiful man.

“Thank you for last night” he kissed me tenderly. His tongue invading keeping slow pace mimicking our lovemaking. His body grinding with mine. I can feel his desire.

“Faith I love this ring” Zayn said fervently.

“Can I ask you something” he said.

I still; somehow know what he’s going to say. I nodded looking at him nervously.

He’s brow furrowed “How…how you got this ring coz’ I got no notification of withdrawing money from bank” He look at me quizzically.

Shit, He’s going to get mad.

“I…I have this pair of earrings and I sold them” he clenched his jaw.

“Why? You know I have enough money why you sold your earrings when you can easily buy the ring” he looked hurt.

I sighed “Zayn, I want to give you something from my own which doesn’t include your money. Those earrings were all I got and that’s important for me” he looks away to the other side. I place my head on his chest

“You know how it makes me feel” he said burrowing his head to my hair.

“You give me so much Zayn and it’s just a small gift that I can get you please accept it and beside that don’t want anything from my past, I just want you—you’re more precious to me than anything”

Suddenly he hugged me. “Faith what I did to deserve you” he murmurs kissing my hair.

“Same Zayn same” I kissed his chest; breathing his scent.

We stayed like this for long hour. Savoring the moment of each other.

“We have to attend the party today” he said breaking the silent.

“But you don’t like parties”

“Yeah…but I have to give a party to all business partners and friends…it’s important” I nodded against his chest.

“At evening” I nodded again.

“Say something” he said. Nervous is what I am. I don’t know how to act around people who are more educated and have a status. I just don’t fit there. And what am I supposed to do. His friends must be as rich as they are and more educated and everything. And am nothing like them.

“I...Don’t want to go there” I said knowing the fact he will not approve if I don’t go.

“Why?” He asked