Chapter fourteen

Some part of me
Feels a little bit naked and empty
I'm stuck underneath
A few dirty old blankets
To comfort me
How can I sleep
If I don't have dreams
I just have nightmares
How can it be
I still believe
Something is out there
-The Neighbourhood 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so guilty and scared and nervous and frozen on my chair.
His voice is all I can replay in my head. And the fear of seeing Austin was worst.

‘Faith, why aren’t you picking up your goddamn phone?’
His voice is so cold and scary I almost forgot he is my boyfriend. His eyes is all I can focus on with my slight turn posture and his eyes full of fury and jaw clenched to the point where I can feel his teeth with be shattered. 

“Mate you know her?” George did the biggest mistake of life. I sighs snapping back from my frozen thoughts. I quickly stands up leaving Ellie in shock. As George also stayed at his place. “she is my girlfriend.” Zayn said through clenched teeth. I take his look he is looking controlled for others but I can see how frustrated he is. His dark blue coat is unbutton and his tie is loosened; his hair are messy like his fingers has been moved in them so many times. 

George nods forming an ‘o’. On the other hand Zayn’s eyes are on me all the time. “Are you done?” he ask me with distant voice. I nod gulping hard. I look back at Ellie as she stands up as well. “Ellie I’ll meet you tomorrow. Bye.” I said with force smile. She nods “totally. Bye.” She smiles sympathetically. I nods in George direction as Zayn leads me out holding my hand in firm grip. 

“Look Zayn I am sorr-“ I cut off by Zayn’s angered but low voice “get in the car.” I nod getting inside. As he moves to the other side getting inside.  he take few deep breathes until his phone goes off. “Hello” he looks at me as I squirm under his angry gaze “yeah I found her. Okay” he hung up. Usual. 

He starts the engine speeding up away from the street. We keep moving for so long that I thought we will end in gas station soon. I keep looking at him as he drove still anger in his age. Zayn stops the car at deserted end of some street. He looks at me undoing his seat belt. I did mine as well. 

“why didn’t you told anyone?” he ask calmly but still I can feel anger lurking at the surface. “I am sorry I am just so excited I forgot.” I looks away avoiding his eyes. “you forgot!” he barks a my face. I flinch back. “i almost fired Torres and you saying you forgot! And we tried to call you and you don’t have a courtesy to answer your phone” oh gosh I am feeling like if the earth will swallow me it would be more easy but to deal his anger. What I did was really childish.

“I am really sorry I didn’t notice it was on silent. I acted really childish I am really sorry Zayn.” I pleads. He looks out of window with clenching jaw. “Who that guy is?” he ask. I bit my lips I know what is coming next. I close my eyes briefly “are you answering anytime soon?” he ask eyes narrowed. “he—he just was my classmate.” I bit my lip. “oh now you making friends with male and going for coffee without even telling anyone. Wow Faith that was the last thing I expect seriously.” He laughs humorlessly. I looks away. 

“That’s what you think of me?” I ask almost at the brink of crying that my voice came out shaky in whisper. “It looks like” he said not even looking at me. “no! I don’t why he showed up its just me and Ellie gone there. He just showed up I am not even aware. And I am really sorry that I didn’t inform. But no we didn’t go for coffee with him. I am sorry.” I let my tears run by now. “Glad to know you think that low of me.” I whisper. 

he sighs “Faith babe” he move closer to me taking my hand but I pulled it back placing back on my lap. “Look I am sorry I won’t do that again.” I said with my cracking voice “but I would never go back on your back like that.” I muffled my cry burring my face in my hand. 

“I know okay! But why that guy was there?” he said but in calm voice. “how would I know. We can’t just ignore him when he saw us there.” I points. “Yeah don’t then.” He said ore to himself starting the car. I guess our discussion is over.