Chapter Nine

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no, light to break up the dark
That's when I, I, I look at you

When the waves are flooding the shore
And I can't find my way home anymore
That's when I, I, I look at you

When I look at you, I see forgiveness, I see the truth
You love me for who I am like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong
And I know I'm not alone
-Miley Cyrus

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was too silent; you could hear a pin drop. I could hear Zayn’s fuming breaths and my shallow ones mix together. I was sitting beside him as he held my hand but I knew he is mad at me hell he was infuriated with me. Irritated and scared were our mutual emotions in that moment. In this early morning our future was being revealed in a few minutes, it will decide our upcoming life. I don’t how we will take this, but all I know is that we are afraid of so many things.

I felt so guilty and it was all because of my stupid careless behavior. With our plates already full of problems, we were about to add another dish on it and it’s all because of me. Zayn already had to deal with the blackmailer. He had to deal with Perrie in general and him being a great business man just made it harder, and here I am not able to handle a very small yet important thing.I have put him through a lot already.

The knock on the door diverted me from my thoughts. Martha entered when Zayn called out for her to enter. “Good Morning Mr. Malik and Faith. Dr. Natalia is downstairs shall I send her upstairs?” “Send her upstairs” Zayn said in a dim cold voice. I pulled the chair nearby the bed so Natalia could sit there.

After a few moments she entered wearing her usual shirt and pants with her briefcase. Her professional attire is something that can never go unnoticed. “Hello Zayn, Faith” she nodded towards us. I greeted her as best as I could since Zayn was busy glaring her like it was the most important thing in the world.

“Weren’t you supposed to care of the shots?! Your job was to remind me or Faith!” he barked at her. “Zayn…” I whispered. “I know I’m sorry for that but that’s not exactly my whole duty to care of. You both are responsible for it. I just reminded you because I was being a good friend not because I was supposed to. That’s not my duty.” she said firmly.

He then glared at me but didn’t say anything. Boy! Things are really a mess. “I’m sorry; I know it’s not your fault Natalia.” I said my voice came out hoarse. “I know he is just little shocked,” She assured me. “I’m still here,” he reminded us both. “Now let me first check you up.” Natalia said opening her briefcase. “No first let Faith take that pregnancy test,” he said gesturing towards me. “Yeah like after the results you will be stable enough to take care of yourself,” she remarked her voice dripping with sarcasm, but Zayn didn’t argue.

She checked his temperature and B.P. level which was low. She gave him a dose of injections and a few medicines. When Natalie asked him why he got sick he said it was because of constant work. I was about to comment about his late night work but I knew that I am in no position to make remarks. She gave me information how to give him the next dose and she also told me to give him food that was as light as possible for the next couple of days. I nodded remembering everything.

She turned to me. “I guess we will just go to the other room and discuss your issue,” She said turning to Zayn. I nodded standing up. “No! Nobody moves from this fucking room! I don’t care whatever you want to do …do it her! We have a bathroom here.” He was clear with his point. She moved towards me; I just nodded. “So Faith,” she said handing me a cup. I immediately understood what she wanted me to and took the cup with into the bathroom to complete the task.

When I opened the door she was standing behind it. She took it from my hands which were now covered with latex gloves. She quickly dropped a few drops on the pregnancy test machine she threw it in the dustbin. I was sitting beside Zayn as she returned holding the test. I looked up at her and noticed Zayn’s tension by the way he was holding my hand, so tight. She sat back still holding the enemy. I was so nervous and the looks she was giving were making me lose my hope more than it was already lost.