Chapter Thirty Three

I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
And I wanna come home to you
But home is just a room full of my safest sounds
Cause you know that I can't trust myself with my 3AM shadow
I'd rather fuel a fantasy than deal with this alone

I wanna sleep next to you
But that's all I wanna do right now
So come over now and talk me down

-Troye Sivan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty Three 

Running away from the problem was the only thing I was good at. That was the only thing I ever did. I mean I was very much aware that I had to face him at some point no matter how much I ran. But I still had the balls to run away from my problems. He was there. That means that he wanted to talk to me and justify his mistakes... no – more like justifying him cheating on me.

I slid down and sat down by the wall. I had locked the door already. Oh....yes I was at the Ellie's house, in my room and locked myself in. So professional for a runner like me.

It had already been a few hours since I locked myself. Ellie came by once and asked me if I was okay. It was really kind and generous of her and her father for dealing with all this for no reason.

They were home already.

After some time, Ellie knocked on my door and I opened it.

"God! Faith...you look awful"

"Thanks" I smiled.

She looked at me with pity in her eyes.

"Darling...come sit" she led me to take a seat on the bed.

"You should eat something first and we will talk after that."

"No I am not really hungry."

"No I don't care. You are eating."

"No seriously Ellie I can't. I am not feeling well."

It took me exactly ten minutes to convince her.

"What do you want to talk about...I know all this incident must be not what you want. And I am very sorry and I will leave if you want."

"Holy bullocks Faith! That's not what I meant. It's nothing like that okay! We have no problem... stay as long as you want."

"Thanks but I am really sorry for everything."

"It's alright. Trust me."

She hugged me and it felt nice knowing that someone was there for me.

"What is it now? Tell me?" I insisted.

"I just....Zayn...he asked if you could at least listen to him once."

"Is he still here?" I stood up abruptly.

"No! Faith....sit down. You are safe and he is not here. Look I don't know what happened exactly in between you two but you should listen to him. And I am not saying go right now. Whenever you are ready okay? It's just my opinion. He can wait... take your time. And if you don't want to its totally okay too."

"Did you tell him that I am here?"

"I did..." she let out a sigh. "Look he was very worried... I am sorry"

"Its okay."

"You rest then. Good night love."

"Good night"

I locked the room and walked over to the window and there he was. It was very far from the house but I was able to recognize him.

I knew the exact moment when Ellie told me that when he finds out where I lived, he would definitely come here. And I was right.

He was smoking as he stood by his car alone. Just gazing by the house, he noticed me. He kept on looking at me but didn't make any move to come close by the house.

I thought about the weather, it was pretty cold and he was just smoking out there; won't he ever learn?
I still remembered my first snowfall in his house and how he was smoking just like that in his backyard. And he made me hot chocolate for the first time and moreover he opened up to me; I still remember that day. I would never forget that day. I loved him even back then and I still do.

I didn't even notice but I was crying.