Chapter Twenty One

You know our love would be tragic
So you don't pay it, don't pay it no mind
We live with no lies
Hey, hey
You're my favorite kind of night

-The Weeknd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zayn’s P.O.V

Something was wrong. I can feel it as the morning passes. I return back to my office after clearing my conference with my clients. Scott my manager told me the schedule for the day as I nod sitting back in my chair.

“Scott check the emails and tell me which are important and forward them.” Scott nods rushing back to his cabin.
I turn on my Mac book screen seeing my beautiful girlfriend smiling on the screen. Her face, without any make-up, is glowing in the sunlight. Her small freckles making her look naturally beautiful. Her eyes looking at the side and her toothy grin is the highlight. My heart feels the sweet ache just by looking at her.

I text her “I miss you.” Knowing she must be busy screwing up her mind with her internship. I bite back my laugh. Zayn you are turning madder each day.

Scott enters my office with his tablet in his hand and Mr. Graham my lawyer on his tail. “Mr. Malik” Scott says in a rush.

 “What Happened?” I said to both of them.  “Well hello to you too.” Graham says sitting on the opposite chair. I roll my eyes.

“Zayn you are such a pussy whipped” I arch my brows at him as Scott stands there awkwardly.

“Scott did you transfer the mail?”

 “Yes.”

 “Okay. Leave.” He did. “What brings you up here?” I ask Graham.

“Mails.”

 “What mails?”

“See what Scott just transferred you.” I turn to my screen opening my mails. I opened the first mail. With the attachment file of five images. I open the file and my blood runs cold. It is the picture of me taking Faith to the hospital when she attempted her suicide and they were clear and we both are recognizable and Torres is also there. I still remember that day.

I still can’t believe I let that happen it was the worst nightmare I could ever think of. Seeing Faith in that bathtub lifeless still makes me die in my soul at the spot. I fist my hands tightly. There was no text written in the mail just the pictures.

I buzzed and Scott came running back inside.

 I pushed my chair back standing and holding on the mahogany table with my hand too tightly. “Have you guys Tracked the sender?”

 “No sir we tried. Mr. Graham has already put the hackers to see but the senders identity can’t be noticed. We tried everything but we can’t reach them yet.” He said in a low voice.

“Why the fuck am I paying you all for?” I yelled. “Zayn sit back in your chair and calm down. Your outburst will not make us reach any point.” I glared at him “Do you have any plan or no?”

“We have to stick with that one only.” He said eyeing me carefully.

“It will kill Faith totally. Do you have any idea?” I pushed my hair away from my face. “Tell her.”

“You know I can’t tell her.” I yelled.

“We have to do that only. Sorry but that is the only way to tackle this.”

 “Fuck this.” I shut my Mac book. I check the time seeing I have a meeting in five minutes.

 “Keep me updated and Graham?” I say turning back to him “Do whatever you can do. I want to get to this bastard.” I say strolling out of my office.

***

I decided to cut the rest of my meetings and go to receive Faith on my own. I need to see her. She still hasn’t texted me back.