Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – unedited (Written 25/6/2013)

 *Monday 20th May and Tuesday 21st May* ~Three Weeks Pregnant~

Ara got home that day after sending in her application to NYU, planning to tell her parents about her plan on New York – excluding the baby's part in it. 

Also to include the Masquerade Ball part to her Mom.

But mostly the part about herself moving to New York. All she could hope for is that her parents go for it, as it could be a new start and a big opportunity. 

'Maybe if I mention about myself taking up the job for Aunt Mariah's job offer, I'll probably score brownie points on it.' She decides. It could help her, her Mom has secretly been begging her to go upon the offer. 

Confidently yet nervously, she walks up to her front door and walks into the house. By the time she arrives home from school, her Dad wouldn't be home first so she'd have to wait. It would be the best time to mention the Masquerade Ball to her Mom. 

"Hey Mom!" She greets, setting her bag down on the floor beside the island. 

"Hey sweetie. How was school?" She greets back with the usual motherly question. 

"Boring as usual. Aced my Maths Final, so uhmm...I've been meaning to ask you something." Ara starts, twiddling her thumbs in her palms in nervousness. 

Her Mom dusts her palms together then looks at her daughter. "What's up sweetie, oh and congratulations on your Maths. I knew you'd do it!" She tells her with a smile. 

Ara takes a hidden deep breath, letting it roll out before starting. "Well...uhm...I want to attend my senior prom, it's a Masquerade Theme." 

Teresa's face lights up brightly, her daughter just told her that she's attending her Senior Prom. Back in her day, Teresa won Homecoming Queen, so Prom shouldn't be any different. 

"Of course you can go honey, when is it?" 

"Last Day of May. But that's not the point – I'll need a dress and a mask. Uhm, can you do my hair on that day also?" Ara adds nervously. Never once has she asked her Mom to do this, so she was slightly embarrassed. 

Teresa has a bright shining grin on her face. Not once had her daughter asked her for help like this. They could go dress shopping together, A mother daughter day out. 

"I should have figured, a masquerade where no one can recognize anyone. Don't worry honey, I've been saving up for the time you'll finally ask me to help you for this." Teresa walks over to her daughter and kisses her forehead. 

Ara giggles at the action, feeling like a little girl again and happy she made her Mom happy. 

"Okay. When Dad comes home, I have something to tell both of you. See you both then." She confirms, strolling up the stairs her bag in tow. 

Ara planned on calling her Aunt when she has confirmed her parents' decision. They had told her she could go anywhere she wanted around the country if she could get into the college. 

They even offered to pay for the airfare if needed. They were just so happy that their baby was going to graduate soon, watching her grow up all these years. 

'I'll probably feel like this when I watch my baby grow up.' She thinks smiling. There's absolutely no use going back to the negative times in producing the baby instead of focusing on the future on where she can provide a healthy lifestyle for her child. 

In which she also plans on finding the bastard who was the cause of this. Though, she has no idea how easy it is going to be. 

~~~~~~~~~~