Chapter 41

Chapter 41 - unedited

*Thursday 30th June*

He tasted like bittersweet champagne. The taste almost blowing her mind to pieces as he wrapped his arms tighter around her waist, her arms reaching up and forcing his face closer to hers. She could feel his fingers play with the zipper on her back, and it riled up her stomach as if she were on a rollercoaster that was falling deep down into a pool of wonderfulness.

Whilst he leaned forward, she leaned back, as if the forcefulness of his kiss was about to tople her over to the ground. Xander was ecstatic with the feel of Ara's lips on his, finally, he had thought. After all they've been through, after two years of patiently waiting for her to trust, for her to heal what he had done, he could finally feel how she felt about him. He could feel, through his hands, through his entire body that she has let herself get to know him and let him have all of her.

And that was something he never wanted to stop feeling, all of her.

She could feel him practically swoop her off her feet, clutching her tight as if he'd never want to let go. She didn't want him to let go of her. The kiss was so heated and she felt his tongue slip into her mouth, revealing a sensational feeling rippling through her body. Such an instense, bittersweet kiss and in that moment she felt herself fall. Fall through the kiss and right into his heart where she knew she belonged.

They stop, breathing in heavy pants and hearts beating loudly beneath their chests but they don't step away, resting their foreheads against each other and Ara had the pleasure of looking into those beautiful purple eyes.

"I love you." She spilt, the words escaping her mouth before she could even register. Her eyes went wide as his lips broke into a beautiful smile.

"I love you too, Arabella." He whispered back, and her entire name on his tongue was possibly the only thing she wanted to hear. The sweet soft curls of the r's that he pronounces, that small flick he makes with the A, a little accent could be heard and that's all she really needed to keep her standing on her own two feet at this very moment.

"We should go in." She says, "I-I'd like to lay down." Before he could take it the wrong way as if she wanted to get away from him, she smiled and gently pecked his lips, catching him by surprise. "I mean, I'm just really tired and we should head up." Ara takes Xander's hand in hers, pulling him back the way they came through, remembering the path from when he led her in here.

Some people had decided to dine outside, allowing the moon to look directly down upon them. Xander slipped his hand away from Ara's, before placing a comforting arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him than before when they were walking out from the garden.

"Did you have fun?" Xander asked as they walked through the sea of people still dancing and mingling in the crowd. Ara looked right at him, a mischievous smile on her face.

"Oh I had a lot of fun." She whispered slyly but he could hear every implying hint hidden behind those words, and that made his heart race ever so slightly. His fingers began to dig in her side, and all he could really think was how did he survive so long resisting this clueless little vixen. "Be careful what you say in a room of people," he whispered softly, "you never know what could happen when you're with your mate around." Ara pursed her lips and stayed silent.

Too many people surrounded them, like a whole group of stuck-up snobby cock-blockers, in Xander's case, they are. Ara slightly felt the same way, starting to walk faster through the ball room. The mixed scent of sprayed on perfume and stinky body odor was starting to clog her nose and before she knew it, she sneezed.

Xander laughed, "That was a cute sneeze." She looked at him, eyebrow raised. "Really?" She asked, suppressing a laugh. Xander nodded and finally they walked beneath the tall golden entrance doors and once again were greeted by the warm summer breeze brushing against their skin.