Chapter 36 - Part 1

(A/N: This chapter (sorry for the long wait again) has been dedicated to @fightingreddragons and her amazing book, Secrets Can Kill. I have read it and it's just, it will leave you speechless at the tip of your tongue. You will certainly not regret it :)) 

Chapter 36 - Part 1 (Written 20/12/2013... 

*Tuesday 28th of June*

Down the stairs they went, both their minds on this apparent 'Luna's Daughter'. Xander thought how Luna could even have a daughter, and if she did, with who?

Ara thought the same thing, but deep down inside she was mostly scared of what would happen if she did. Could she really handle it all? She hated that she got into this mess, how she got raped because someone had snuck into her window, had a child and the father was apparently a Werewolf Prince.

It seems crazy, but she got used to it. By moving on. It wasn't going to go away and nothing could ever take it back. She knows Xander had never intended it to happen but honestly she was glad she met him and got to know him.

Her life in a way, got a little better after it, like it got a bit more of a spark, more purpose to live. It was different from the way it was before and it was becoming exciting and big and new.

That's what she believes has really made her move on from something that happened one night after a fateful drink. She had her time to mourn and pity herself over it, but she put on a facade and everyone had through she was alright. It was easier to deal with the struggle of putting on a smile then letting everyone know she had made a mistake and gotten herself pregnant by a stranger.

Especially now with the life she has, she couldn't have thought of it any better.

"Thank you." Ara whispered quietly, hanging her head low and stopping in the middle of the staircase. Xander turns back at her, slightly confused.

"For what?" He answers, holding Caleb back too. She sighs and smiles a little, thinking about small memories they had together when they actually acted like a 'real' family who had planned a child and are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, like every other normal family.

"For just being here. For letting me experience, well I don't know, a better life. Honestly, being a teen mother broke me many years ago, but you took the courage to find me and make it up to me in every way possible, trying to put back the broken pieces. And well, I just thank you for being an amazing guy and I have certainly forgiven for what you have done - I know for a fact that you weren't meant to do what you did and according to Sebastian you have changed quite a bit. So thank you for giving me an amazing start to a new life." She admits sheepishly, her cheeks slightly going red and her thumbs twiddling in her hand.

Xander, looked quite flabbergastered but managed a smile and brought up a hand to caress her face.

"It is I, who should say thank you, for being a wonderful mother to my son and a wonderful addition to my family. You, bella, have made my life complete." He says, watching Ara's eyes shine brightly, the brim of her eyes watering and her smile being held tight to stop a happy sob from escaping her lips.

He brings her in and kisses her forehead.

"And in future, you will become a wonderful Queen." He takes her hand, his big hand covering her small one perfectly, as if they were made for each other - in which they literally were.

Ara looks up shyly, her cheeks slightly red and she was smiling to an extreme. It felt absolutely amazing to let out how she felt, even though it was only a part of her true feelings, letting this all out just felt reliving.

Xander hitches Caleb onto his hip and with his other hand, he rubs his thumb softly over the back of her hand in a sign of affection. Within two years of waiting for her, he was fallen hopelessly in love with her. The way she smiles, her laugh, her hair, her eyes, her face, her everything. How she would make a little pout if she were thinking, he just couldn't get enough.

They start walking down the steps again, Ara holding onto his bigger hand for dear life, mostly because her thoughts were haunting her. Queen, now that title kinda scared her. Great Queen, was probably her biggest fear. She was doubting herself, she felt as if she wasn't fit right into the position but Xander knew that no matter how troublesome, how hard it is for her, he will always be there.

"I-I don't know if I will be a good Queen, what if the people don't like me, I mean I'm a human who just luckily got mated to a powerful future Alpha King and-" Ara started rambling but Xander cut her off in the modt cliche way possible, by simply kissing her.

They were on the ground level and Xander used his free hand to cup the side of her face and move his lips along with hers. When they remembered their child was in sight, they slowly pulled away after a short moment.

She stood in front of him, blushing wildly and looking in various directions but two fingers of his softly held her chin into place, his eyes looking deep into her beautiful blue ones, a knowing smile on his face.

"Now bella, if I have no doubt on you, then you certainly should not doubt yourself. You're a wonderful woman, you're a strong woman, pulling through all this craziness around you, you're surviving this, you're showing me and everyone around you that you are strong and willed to do anything for those you love. These people, will accept you, it's impossible not to. I don't want to hear you ramble on on how you think you're not good enough, because you are much more than enough, bella, you are exactly what we all need." Xander said with a short laugh, kissing the top of her forehead. He knew she was stressing out, after what just happened, it stressed him out a little too, but what kept him going was his beautiful mate.

He was just so proud of her, proud to call her his mate. He couldn't of wished for anyone better. She is what he wants, she is all he needs. And surprisingly, he's all she needs, him and her son.

He puts his arm around her shoulders and pulls her close, kissing her forehead once again and lowering his hand down to her waist. They walked like that to the lounge area where most of Xander's family was. His sisters were there, along with his mother, who were just 'casually' sitting on the couch whistling because they totally were not just eavesdropping on Xander and Ara. Nope not them, not at all - note the sarcasm.

Ara was about to settle down on the couch next to Maia when a maid neatly rushed into the room, news just on the tip of her tongue. Xander's eyes were wide and Ara's heart was beating loud and fast. What could be going on now.

"What's wrong, Tatiana?" Lily asks, concern written all over her face. The middle aged woman stood tall and respectful in front of the Royal Luna, bowing before delivering her message.

"War. They're planning a war. People know about the future Queen, a future human Queen and a lot disagree. A few are staying faithful to their kind but nearly the whole population refuse to be ruled over by a weak human, no offense Ara, their words not mine. The rogues, they plan to lead them to their victory, they want the power, they want your power and they're tired of waiting." She says breathlessly, and the amount if heartbeats heard around the room increased in slight fear.

"How is this even possible, I haven't shared it with anyone but those in the castle yet." Xander mumbles, mostly to himself, he knew that everyone who knew where under strict watch to not tell a soul about Ara.

Ara strokes his arm, knowing this is probably the best time to calm her mate, who looked like he was angry, yet scared. Scared of course, of what could happen if people did get to Ara. But angry because of people wanting to get near her just to hurt her.

"We don't know yet, Prince Xander, all we know is murmurs on the street about an uprising against the Royal family. Our best fighters are already getting ready, though some pack warriors are starting to go against us." She answers, slightly in fear. Who wouldn't be, an attack going on against the Royal Family is dangerous, because if they had to – and it is possible – they could wipe out the entire werewolf race. 

But if someone else plays the right cards, the Royal Family can be taken over, and it's even worse if someone who is only in it for greed, takes over. 

"What are we gonna do?" Ara asks, shifting her weight from side to side in nervousness. Honestly, it's not like she wanted any of this to happen, it was fate who chose it. And fate supposedly chose it for a reason, and people just choose not to accept that. How can one accept their fate-chosen mate, but cannot accept fate-chosen mates of others?

"Well of course, we can't just sit around and wait. We need all hands on deck, everyone needs to be prepared, we don't know how long or how many people are in this uprising." Lily answers, using her hands so signal out what needs to be done then ending with her fingers pressing the bridge of her nose as if to cure a headache. 

"We can only hope that there are still people on our side." 

**********

A/N: I UPDATED I ACTUALLY UPDATED BEEN ABOUT THREE MONTHS BUT I'VE UPDATED IT AND I AM SO HAPPY I DID I NEED TO UPDATE THIS. NEED TO UPDATE. But I feel like I'm getting so confused, like I'm forgetting so many things I mentioned earlier in the story and getting it all wrong. Your comments keep me so motivated, I want to write, I know what to write but I just don't know how to put it into words and it's frustrating me. So I've made this a two part chapter. You need to know what happens and I'm so sorry for not updating. I've been so stressed and I've tried writing and I've been busy just. Just wow. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) 

I love you all so much <3 

**2020: lmao i still hate this book