Chapter 43

Chapter 43

*Friday 1st July*

The moment Xander could smell heat arising from Ara's body, he knew something big was about to happen. She slept in the bed for another six hours after she passed out, not waking up when Xander had tried to get her up for breakfast that morning. He didn't know what was happening–and he became worried, lying in the bed next to her as his sisters took care of his son in the game room. 

And then she began moving, her body was burning to touch and she let out loud groans into the air–but they weren't like the ones she was yelling out in pleasure the night before, oh no, they sounded painful and distraughtful. Xander was gasping in surprise when she threw the blankets off her body and sat up straight as her bones began to crack. 

She let out an ear-shrilling scream, which caused moments later for many servants to come barging in the room to catch their future Luna shifting for the first time. Xander's mother forced her way through, standing by her son as Ara screamed louder for dear life, the change was slow and beckoning and Xander did his best to empathize her pain away from her. 

"How is this so soon?" Xander's mother asked and Xander felt his cheek burst into red from shyness and awkwardness. So his mother's theory had been correct, though it was roughly twelve hours after the whole mating action itself. 

"Your theory was correct." Xander said softly but made no more words as he touched Ara's shoulders, begging himself to try and take away her pain, trying to calm her down but she was screaming–the movement of her ribs and the forceful tear in her spine was much more worse than she had felt when she gave birth to Caleb. 

Servants had left and come back with a bucket full of ice and water, and some spare towels. Xander took a soaked tea towel, gently patting down on Ara's forehead, but she squealed and moved away from him. 

"Leave, please!" Xander ordered harshly to the people who swarmed around the door. This is a private, personal experience, she shouldn't have to deal with others' wandering eyes landing on her changing body. 

His heart was beating for hers, and he kneeled against the beg, caressing exposed parts of her body to calm her down. He knew how painful this was for her; he had gone through the experience himself when he was just a mere thirteen year old boy. "It's okay Bella, it's okay. You've gone through childbirth, Mi Tesoro, this is only a little shifting." Xander tried to calm her down but with every scream she hitched, his mind grew tired with worry. How could he calm her down? The first shift is and always will be a painful, long process. You can't change nature or how it behaves. 

Ara was breathing hard, her throat felt so clogged up and her breathing was going off and on in unnatural beats. Her elbow was forced back, breaking her shoulders and collarbone; she screamed. Every word Xander said to try calm her down was a lie and she knew it; this was far worse than childbirth, the anxious pain picking spots to randomly hit when you least expect was something she could hardly handle. 

She didn't know what it was; but something was holding her from the brink of passing out. 

Two hours later after on and off excruciating pain, Ara's normal tanned skin had sprouted thick layers of icy white fur, her entire formation had been an ongoing battle between her physical human being and her natural wolf being. The two were at war, but finally she rested in peace in a literal sense, taking few slow breaths in wolf form on the carpeted floor. 

Xander phased into his midnight black wolf; a colour completely opposite to his mate's; and laid down beside her, nudging her head with his. Her wolf groaned, the pain had only subsided for a short amount of time and she was hardly getting used to the way her arms and legs were moving. It was an unnatural ability that seemed completely natural. 

She wines silently, her back and bones aching all over. It took all her strength and Xander's help for her to stand up confidently, though her hindlegs still shook with glory and her paws held her unsteadily. Urges were being thrashed around her, she wanted to do so many things she wouldn't normally want to do–she wanted to go out and run outside, she wanted to hike and fall and jump and howl. 

It confused her so much; but what confused her most was Xander. If it weren't for her comforting and completely heightened sense of smell, she would have never recognized her own mate in wolf form. His purple eyes were hidden in the shadows, but she could see more clearer than ever. All her senses were magnified completely, she could hear things going on in a few rooms down and upstairs, to where her son was giggling with Xander's sisters, or where Xander's mother was taking slow cautious steps on the stairs. 

This feeling–this completely new being was overwhelming. But she wanted it gone. She knew how to do it. But now it was time to go back. 

Each muscle and bone became noticeable as Xander's form was shifted back into human, it took only seconds and he made it look so easy, she had no idea how to achieve such simplicity. 

He stood there in all his naked glory, hardly covering all there is to explain his musculinity. Every sculptured perfection was outlined clearly, her vision magnifying every single detail. And it surprised her. He kneeled down to her level, a smile exposing her perfectly white teeth.

"Just think about being human again. Think about your legs and your body and what it's like to be human, walking on two simple feet." He advised, his voice low and scratchy. Xander had a shirt prepared for Ara, nothing for himself, but for Ara he always cared about her comfort more than his.

Ara listened, reminding herself of basically her entire life, focusing on her midnight blue toe nails slipping through the sand in the Californian beaches, the fondest memory of her high school time. When she still had her friend; Helen in freshman year with her. Each idea was generated on a more recent scale of memory, from when she went on early walks early in the morning to the jogging she'd do to keep fit, how she would focus on the beat of her heart and the beat of the music that would pound into her ears with every step she took. 

Pain still took place, hitting sharper places than before. It took a matter of minutes for her to phase back into her human form, sitting tired and butt naked on the carpeted floor. Xander took his sweet, precious time to hand her a shirt, particularly enjoying the open sight of his beautiful mate. 

"That...that was so painful!" Ara cried, slipping on the shirt slowly, still getting used to the fact that her arms and legs were previously all four legs covered in fur. Xander laughed, taking a seat next to her and bringing his arm around her shoulders, holding her tightly and pressing a kiss against her forehead. A tender; loving kiss that sent butterflies swirling around Ara's stomach. 

"You are so beautiful, Bella, in human and in wolf. I'm sorry to say, but today you're going to have to do a lot more of that from now on..." Xander's voice trailed off as he watched the expression on Ara's face morph to a one of intellectual pain. A smile played along his lips and Ara smashed her face into her mate's chest, groaning in the complete silence surrounding her. 

**********

A/N: yay I updated gj erin 

so yes now i have no homework this week but it looks like i have a shitload of tests. It's the last term so that means...TEST WEEKS because who the fuck does exams. 

I kinda just kept this here forgetting to publish it whatsoever. But anyways; I came up to it. I've been so busy with school and writers block; so I've got literally a billion started stories sitting on my computer (and iPad) just waiting to be finished and I've got so many ideas for them. I love normal teen fiction sometimes.