Chapter 45

Chapter 45

*Saturday, 2nd July*

"Xander!" Ara's voice screamed, worry clawing up the tunnels of her throat and she nearly fell to her knees, a blank space of dizziness hitting her mind almost immediately.

He saw her pummelling towards him, clearly not dressed readily for the pool like he would have hoped. But something else had caught his mind; the worry planted on her face. She struggled to make a run for it and that's when he noticed the blood seeping from her calf. He went through a phase of shock before sprinting towards the garden she emerged from, curiousity hitting him like a train going full speed.

"Ara! Arabella! What's happening?" He yelled, feeling the muscles in his legs clench as he forces them to run faster towards her soughtful voice. Her full name from her mate's voice was enough to motivate her to move on, but she struggled with every step she took, wounded from the torso to her leg, the blood staining the white tanktop she wore as it dripped from her hip to her leg to the grass that stood beneath her.

Ara hardly knew what was happening herself, weakness was overpowering her on a scale of bad outweighing good. But she kept herself strong and steady. She couldn't pass out at a time like this-there was far too many times where she was noticeable in weak moments. But right now she couldn't pass out. Not at all.

"Xander, please! I can't, I can't make it, I don't think I can-" She was stopped with a sore sob of cries, holding her mate close to her as he caught her in a whirlwind. The sound of his racing heart beat comforted her for just a few moments, ignoring the siezing pain that grew in her side and the other bite settling itself in the midst of her leg.

"Who did this to you, Bella? Who would do such a thing to you?" He wondered ludicrously, ashamed that he had allowed his mate to get attacked when he decided to meet her downstairs rather than walking down with her.

"I don't know!" She cried, "It's happening, Xander. They're coming soon. They're coming sooner than we thought. You have to warn everyone. You have to do this now." As if on cue, a siren rung throughout the entire estate, burning Ara's eardrums with surprise.

It was happening and she felt like throwing up in shock. The sirens were equivalent to the ones used in those World War II recreation movies, when they would play the siren throughout the city to let everyone know about the bombs being dropped all over them. Ara's biggest concern was to get to her child, whom she was too far from, watching her best friend jump of the pool, grabbing her child with them. Her heart ached in the long-going pain, but she struggled to continue her run as Xander scooped her up into his arms, saving his Damsel in Distress once again, trying to empathize her pain through the spiritual bond the two shared.

A thought clicked into Ara's head, her eyes widening in surprise, sending her heart racing into miniature bits of fear. "The Amulet." Ara whimpered, Xander hardly hearing a the soft sound escape her throat.

"The Amulet!" Ara wailed louder, coughing a fit before wriggling in Xander's full arm, feeling motivated and energized to search for the one thing that could save them all at this very moment.

"What Amulet?" Xander inquired, not choosing to let her go from his arms. He ran inside with her, following a group of servants direct his siblings towards the secret tunnels built beneath the entire mansion, a hallway dimly lit with hand-crafted torched of fire, and walls made from stones dripping from the nearby river.

"Arabella, speak to me please." Xander pleaded, letting her drop from his arms despite every ounce of sense to try put her back in there, where she could be safe and unharmed from any predators.

"I don't know...It's like there are lights flashing through my head, telling me t-to get that amulet that Charlotte wore...I mean the Great Luna...gosh I hope you know what I mean." She rambles, trying to remember the way to the Library. Xander was worried, knowing they were down in the underground, but Xander had memorized every single inch of his mansion, he knew which way was which and where they were from the stones on the wall or the corners that were coming up.