Chapter 37

(A/N: *Please Read A/N Below also :) And I'd also like to mention that this chapter is dedicated to @roxann_writes, her book 'Unexpected' is just amazing, full of plot twists and turns that just keep you awake late at night, begging to know what happens next. I suggest you should go check it out, it's a werewolf book and it's an amazing read!)

Chapter 37 - unedited

*Wednesday 29th June*

With gentle movement lying next to her, Ara slowly opened her eyes to be completely blinded by the stream of light shining through the curtains of the window. The blanket was up to her shoulders, which was warm, but her main source of heat was the Alpha Male spooning her from behind.

The sound of his soft breathing into her neck gave her comfort while his arm was wrapped around her torso, giving her small butterflies in her stomach. The position made her blush a little, mainly because he was shirtless and her pants were off.

That made her wonder how they were off, she remembered the movie last night and falling asleep, but she had no memory of getting into bed and ending up in the way she is now.

Mentally, she slapped her forehead for her idiocy. Obviously, Xander put me in here. She thought, a goofy smile on her face. She made a brave move, turning around so she was facing his firm tanned chest, resting her head on it and wrapping an arm around his torso.

He's cuddling her like this, why not take advantage of it and snuggle back? Xander's grip tightened slightly around her body, resting his chin onto her head and smiling. She was warming up to him, and he couldn't be happier.

"I know you're awake." Ara says with a small giggle, consciously twisting her leg with his. A small rumble from his chest comforts her while he laughs.

"No I'm not." He denies, playing along. His hand rises up from her waist, his fingers softly trailing any exposed skin to be tangled into her long brown hair. He runs his hand through it, stroking it softly in comfort.

Ara smiles at the action, feeling her eyes go drowsy and her mind lost in another world – another world where it was only Xander and Her, which it really was, except there was no worries. No pain, no sorrow, nothing but them and their love.

But that all ended soon with a sigh, because today was trial day. Trial day to see if the two bastards who took Ara were to live or to not. Ara pecked his chest, then turned around and got out of the bed, leaving Xander feeling emptiness in his arms.

She looked behind her at him, saw him pouting like a little kid.

"Get up you big baby." She teased, poking out her tongue at him. He chuckled softly, happy that she managed to remain so optimistic, even though she's soon going to face the man who took her, and the girl who helped him.

Xander rolls out of bed, watching Ara who still didn't realise she was prancing around in nothing but a top and her underwear, getting out clothes from her section in Xander's walk-in-closet.

She bent over a little to take out a pair of shorts and a loose tank, her undergarments in her hand. Xander walked in behind her, placing his hands on her waist and gently moving past her to get his things.

Ara couldn't help but blush, he touched her waist and he was wearing nothing but his boxers. Sweet good lord of the attractive male species, would I kill to touch those abs. She quickly rushed out of the room, her dirty thoughts in her mind.

Xander laughed, picking out his clothes while she takes a quick morning shower.

When Ara exits the grand ensuite, drying out her hair with a faint blush on her cheeks, Xander walks in beside her, pecking her forehead and going in the bathroom for his turn of a shower.