Chapter 38

Chapter 38 - Unedited (A/N: Btw I just noticed how I keep starting my chapters with the two waking up in the morning aha! XD) 

*Wednesday 29th June & Thursday 30th June*

Ara and Xander walk out hand in hand, the other's following them. She could hear both the two crimesetters sigh a breath of relief, mentally thanking the moon goddess for their life being spared by the goodness of Arabella's heart. Xander's hand left Ara's small one and he wrapped an arm around her waist instead, pulling her close to his body. 

Behind them, they could hear so many whispers of disbelief. Ara did her best to ignore it. She knew everyone was judging her choice, either way they would have judged her. If she demanded their death–they would judge her for being an unfair Queen, for not giving others a second chance. If she chose for them to have another chance they would judge how she was being too easy, how she was practically putting their entire family in danger which seems highly unlikely. 

Xander wanted to turn around and growl at all the people behind them. None of them being their family or close friends–more like opposing people who were watching and seemed to actually have no say at all in this court. 

But he knew that getting his mate out of their would be the best thing for now. He wanted her to just feel comfortable and away from these people. He wanted to be away from these people, all those who kept judging, who thought they had a right to judge. Though they had no right at all. 

He sighed and eventually they finally got to drive back into the beautiful palace-like mansion. 

----------

The next morning, Ara's head whips up, her heart pumping beneath her chest so fast she could barely catch a breath. Her hand rests over her chest and she feels it slow down and she sits up and throws the royal blue blanket off her. Xander sturs next to her before fluttering his eyes open before turning his body around to face his beautiful mate. His eyes narrowed in confusion as he watches her chest slowly rise and fall in the sitting position she is in. He sat up next to her, wrapping an arm around her body and bringing her close to him which startled her. But that's what she needed–her mates warm comforting touch to soothe her from the terrible thoughts swarming in her head. 

"Bad dream?" He asked her, never taking his eyes off her shaking figure except to check to digital clock on one of the bedside tables. A quarter to six, explains why it's still dark but getting lighter. 

"Y-yes." She answers simply, closing her eyes in fear. Though her pulse slowed down she could just feel it speed up yet again in fear. Her dream was playing in her mind as if there were a projecter and a screen set in there and she could see it all happen again. She shaked under Xander's touch and he wanted nothing but to hold her and help her get better. 

Blood. Everywhere. All she could see was red despite the memories of that horrific nightmare. Everyone was dead. And by everyone–literally everyone. Everyone but her. She saw everything happen, worst of all she saw the life drain out of everyone closest to her, even her parents. She even saw Xander, dying to save her. The thought of it made her heart ache and tears appear beneath her eyes. She didn't want to think anymore, she didn't even want to breathe at this very moment she just wanted to forget. 

"Seems pretty bad," He muttered, mainly to himself. He sits there rubbing her back, she was definitely stressing out. After last nights decision, she didn't know if she regretted a thing or not. Nobody gave her disappointing looks about her choice–it was hers, not theirs. 

Ara brings her legs into her chest and wraps her small arms around them. "I-I don't r-really want to uhm...talk about it right now." She says under her breath. Xander nods understandingly, placing a soft kiss on the top of her head. Ara leans into his touch, knowing it was all for comfort. And it did comfort her, calming herself down the same her touch can calm Xander's.