Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – unedited (Written 29/6/2013)

*Still Friday 31st May* ~Five Weeks Pregnant~

James instinctively pulls Ara close to him and right next to her drops the light. Ara stares wide eyed at it, and so does everyone else. 

The light crashes right where she used to be stand, missing her by an inch. All the girls screamed in horror, while the boys stood there mouth agape. 

Andrea cursed under her breath. It missed her. It missed her by a bloody inch. She was furious. How could he be so stupid? She was frustrated and he's never going to hear the end of it. 

Ara was shocked, her mouth open gaping like a fish. James was shocked. He knew what had happened, someone is out for Ara. Someone wants her dead – someone knows who the father must be. 

But that doesn't change the fact someone wants Ara dead. Ara nearly broke down crying – someone out there wants to kill her. She must have been the girl that the two girl's in the bathroom wanted gone. 

It was simple to put two and two together. But that girl could have been anybody and not Ara. Maybe this is somebody else's doing, though whoever they were right now is number one on her list. 

"Oh my. Calm down everyone. No one is hurt right? We'll get rid of this and you all can continue with you prom." The principle assures nervously, if anyone got hurt he'd be sued. 

Ara was in shock, slightly shaking. That nearly killed her that cannot be an accident. Someone was out for her. 

James called up Ryan, the Beta's son to help Ara off the stage while he deals with this. Ara felt herself being escorted off the stage, but all she focused on was the shock. Ara hugged herself as Ryan helps her off where Michelle wrapped her in her embrace. 

They not be close, but Michelle was the best thing she's got. No one was there for her – she was all alone. 

"Don't worry, Ara. You're safe. It was an accident." Michelle coos as Ara rests her head on Mich's shoulder, too shocked to move or speak. 

They were about the same height, Mich about an inch shorter. Ara wrapped her arms around Mich's torso in comfort as Michelle coos her. 

James was angry and pissed. Someone tried to hurt Ara. Someone did this on purpose – just like earlier, it's not hard to put two and two together. 

No offense to Ara, but she could have never won Prom Queen on her own, this was all a plan to get rid of her. Now all they need to investigate is why. 

"Ryan, get Ara some water please. She needs to calm down, she's still in shock." Mich orders adding to herself, I would too if someone tried to kill me. 

Ryan left to get water while James tries to figure out what's going on. He walks down to the side of the stage where the lights would be held. 

He was in detective mode, checking for any clues for such. There wasn't any werewolf scent lingering, but there was a small trail of Axe Perfume. Most likely a male human. James checked where the lights were being held. All the lights were being held by the strong rope designed specifically not to break. 

But one was cut short. It didn't look like it was ripped, it was cleanly cut. Cha-ching. Wait a second – that's not the clue sound! He thinks to himself. A clue. So someone was out to get Ara. Now all he can do is figure it out because now not only do they have a human pregnant with a werewolf baby, but someone was out to get her. 

He brings out his iPhone, snapping shots of evidence. When he's done, he calls his father outside the gym to hear well. 

"Hello? James? What's wrong, I thought you're at prom?" He asks, confused. James sighs.