Chapter 34

Chapter 34 - unedited (Updated 8/9/2013)

*Tuesday 28th June*

Ara shifts a little in her sleep before sitting up in Xander's dark blue bed. He laid next to her, thankfully wearing his PJ's – a simple pair of boxers and a shirt – with his arm spread and reaching for her. 

A pile of pillows was laying between the two though, separating them since Ara certainly did not feel as comfortable as she should be laying next to Xander. She sat up, resting her back against the cushioned head back and rubbing her eyes. 

The sound of the door cracking open shoots her up and in waddles Caleb who had escaped his crib. He giggles, running over to Ara who had a big smile on her face. 

When Caleb reaches closer to the bed, Ara leans down and picks him up. With a small smile on her face she rests him on her lap and cuddles up with him. 

His face nuzzled into her neck along his small arms wrapped around it. She rested her hands softly on his back with a sigh of relief and happiness. Relieved she made it out alive and happy that she was with her baby boy. 

Right now, she didn't want to remember that night at all. Never again, just no. She needed something to get her mind off the kidnapping and she didn't know what to do.

"Hey, I didn't expect you two awake until later." A new voice speaks groggily, rubbing his eyes and flipping his hair away from his sleepy face. Ara smiles a little, holding Caleb still on her lap.

"Yeah. Well I'm hungry, how about you?" She asks, pushing the covers away from her. She refused to look at Xander, his deep morning voice was holding a slight effect on her. 

"Food sounds nice. You have to try Marnie's delicious blueberry pancakes, you'll fall in love with them." Xander suggests, smiling at the memory of his excellent nanny who had been there for him since day one. 

Ara flattens her hair a little with a smile. She looks straight into Xander's eyes, holding it there for a second – along holding her breath. It was entrancing to stare into his beautiful violet eyes and she just couldn't move away, or make out the words she was going to say.

"Y-y-yeah. That sounds g-good..." She stutters nervously, covering up her embarrassment with a laugh. He sure does have pretty eyes, and she once again still finds it unbelievable that this was her mate, something inside just made her feel so calm and free around him. 

A joyous wonderful feeling that bring a whole hurricane into her stomach because stuff the butterflies, this hurricane brings them to shame. And she hated feeling so vulnerable and weak around him, even though he believes that she is strong and independent. 

Xander sends her a dazzling smile and rolls out of bed. Literally. He just turns and turns until he falls flat onto the ground with a soft thump. 

Caleb laughs at his not so good of a role-model father and copies him, rolling across the bed and straight onto Xander's hard stomach. Xander laughs, not affected by the extra weight that just joined him on the floor. 

"Don't give him ideas. He could get hurt!" Ara scolds in a half-playful tone, rushing over to the side to see Caleb laying across Xander's stomach. 

Xander nuzzles his nose into Caleb's forehead with a laugh. 

"Of course not. Caleb will always be strong and tough like his daddy." He replies narcissistically, sitting up and setting Caleb beside him. Caleb, not really knowing what's going on smiles with a small giggle and climbs back up the bed, using Xander's shoulder and head for support.