Chapter 9

Chapter 9– unedited (Written 29/6/2013)

*Friday 31st May* ~Five Weeks Pregnant~

Ara's mother dolled up her daughter for her first night out of the house in a long time. Teresa was ecstatic, looking at her beautiful daughter. She knew her daughter was incredibly beautiful, but tonight she looked like a mysterious Angel. 

Ara's usual waves were now cascading down her back in long, soft curls. Her make-up matched her dress. Her eyes had a light layer of dark blue eye shadow – including eyeliner and a one coat of mascara. 

She wasn't the biggest fan of makeup, so the way her experienced mother dressed her up made her look completely and utterly unrecognizable. 

Her dress, it was absolutely flawless. It was strapless, showing her tanned shoulders. The dress clung to her upper body, from hips to higher. They showed her curves, all in the right places and luckily didn't show the faint bump on her belly. 

It was already one month since that night, the reason why she had spent the past few nights suffering the memories of it. 

Ara was actually thankful that she didn't see him, so she wouldn't have to suffer looking at him every time she closes her eyes – but to its disadvantage it means he's still out there and could be raping other girls in their bedrooms. 

Her dress had silvery white and black floral embroideries trailing from her left hip then wrap around all the way until it lands under her left breast. The skirt flowed out in large silk-layered ruffles with occasional thin black nets covering a full layer. 

She looked like a princess, an angel, a Greek Goddess. 

"Mom! Oh my – oh my, oh my, oh my gosh! Thank you so much Mom! I looked amazing!" She gasps, looking at the gorgeous girl staring back at her. Her mouth was wide open as her Mom stares at her proudly, a huge smile on her face.

"No problem baby girl. You look absolutely amazing! Kick some ass tonight!" Her mother encourages, helping her out of her chair and leading her down the stairs. 

Sadly, Ara didn't have a date. She was going as a lone wolf – no pun intended. Instead, her Dad would drive her in his black jeep. 

When they arrive downstairs, her father smiles at his beautiful daughter full of pride. She looked that amazing tonight. 

"Sweetheart, you look beautiful that I'm about to call to chaperone that prom and make sure no guy stands within a mile radius near you." He jokes, pulling Ara into his embrace. He nearly started crying, his baby girl was growing up so fast.

He felt like it was just yesterday it was announced he was going to be a father, and how he jumped for joy. Now here she was, a month away from graduating and going out to a school dance. 

"Dad, you're eventually going to have to let me go." Ara says after a while where he just stays there, holding his daughter. 

When he realizes what he has been doing for the past two minutes, he slowly lets go and straighten his shirt. 

"Yes. I do. We should get going." He confirms, checking his wrist watch. It was 7:30 and the sun was setting. Ara smiles as her Dad leads her to their jeep. Her Mom stays back, wiping a tear away. 

Her baby's growing up.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ara walked into the gym, it had been turned into something completely unrecognizable to make it seem like a magical night. 

Her mask was on, she kept it on ever since she stepped out of the car. And judging by the looks of all the boys turning her way, no one knows who she is.