Chapter 21

Chapter 21 – unedited (Written 11/7/2013)

*Thursday 3rd July*

Early next morning, precisely at eight am, Ara was well awake with her baby lying on the carpet watching TV while she prepares them both breakfast – piles of pancakes. She had finally mastered the art of flipping pancakes successfully without making them look retarded. 

She set a pile of three on each, it may be a lot but they're big eaters with excellent metabolism. She sets them on her small table then walks into the living room and picks up Caleb. He just smiles with a small giggle as she places him into his high chair. 

When she was about to sit down, the doorbell rang. "You stay here and do not move, okay baby?" She says sternly in a soft voice to Caleb, but being the baby he is, he just giggles. 

When Ara opens the door, she wasn't surprised to see Faith all dressed up at her doorstep. The only thing that surprised her was how worried she looked. "You're okay, right?" Was the first thing she asks Ara. 

Ara nods simply and confused while Faith invites herself in. "I've got extra pancakes, Caleb most likely won't finish them all." Ara hints the offer to Faith. 

When Faith finally realizes that her friend and favourite baby boy are both healthy and alive, also untouched, she calmed down. "That'll be awesome. I just woke up and shot out of my door to come here." Faith replies, taking a seat across from Ara. 

Ara laughs, cutting Caleb's pancakes to pieces and putting it on her plate while she gives the other parts to Faith. 

"I'm going to have guests when come over around lunch time, you want to stay? I think I'll need moral support for this one." Ara asks while Faith looks at her suspiciously. Something inside made her feel uneasy about these 'guests', making her want to stay more. 

"I'll stay. So how's everything going with you two?" Faith asks to start a conversation, taking a bite out of Ara's delicious pancakes. 

"Awesome. Now that I think about it, I'm going to have to get some baby food! I forgot to go yesterday." Ara lies smoothly, not wanting to talk about last night's rough encounter. She was anxious for the next one with Xander.

"I've got Sydney White and pretty much all of the Amanda Bynes movie and in need of watching partners. Are you up for it? We can watch before these guests of yours arrive." Faith offers, reaching into her purse and pulling out discs of multiple Amanda Bynes movies. Ara laughs and nods. 

"We haven't seen those movies in a while, so I'm in." She replies with a small grin. Ara takes a bite out of the cut up pancakes when Caleb refused to eat one more since he was taking his time. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Xander was excited for today. He was once again going to see his beautiful mate and son. He couldn't stop beating himself up for what he did; he knew that a girl would have guts to even talk calmly to the man who got her pregnant and disappeared the morning after.

Sebastian had to distract him that whole night from banging his head too much, afraid that people in the next room might be thinking that they were two gay partners getting it on. But they managed the night. 

They both exited their hotel room and decided to stop by the nearby market. Well, Xander demanded they did since he knew Ara forgot baby food for Caleb. He was going to start getting his shit together and man up. 

He needed to win Ara, most importantly he needed her trust. He wasn't going to give up, he was stubborn. This was his mate and son, the ones he didn't know about until a few months ago. He also knew Ara wasn't going to give in easily to him even if he's a hot European hunk because that doesn't change what he did to her.