Chapter 22

Chapter 22 – unedited (Written 12/7/2013)

*Still Thursday 3rd July*

They walked together towards the large park reserve next to the University that Ara will soon start attending in September. Faith and Sebastian were holding hands and were chatting to each other like they were in their own little world, but still managed to keep up with the others. 

It was big; a large wide path was cut in between rows of tall green trees, keeping them shade from the sun. It was breathtaking to walk underneath, Ara felt mesmerised by the place as it looked to beautiful to be true. 

Xander would stand too close for Ara's liking, but she strangely also liked it. She convinced herself that it was part of that 'mate-bond' thing that Xander blabbered about the night before. 

To the public eye, Xander, Ara and Caleb looked like a happy new family taking a stroll in the park on a beautiful day. Half of that theory was true, but they truly were just two strangers who found out they have a child together and willing to make it work between them.

Xander would smile a lot at Caleb, making funny faces and act all barney-mode to get him to laugh while Ara would watch with amusement and adoration. She liked how they were bonding in a strange way, she knew it was good for them.

She would occasionally join in the cooing, making Caleb laugh a little more. They looked like a sweet, cute couple, even Faith and Sebastian's eyes since they knew the truth.

"I'm in the mood to go to the park. Anyone want to come with?" Ara asks, stopping a little and turning the stroller into the direction of the park. Everyone just nods, since there was on use in separating.

Ara leads the stroller-pram by a bench on the side and picks up Caleb, resting him on her hip. Xander follows along, looking around first to protect his mate and pup from danger. He didn't show it, but followed Ara where she walked quickly to the swings. 

The park was not full, but also not empty. There were at least two families here and they played mostly on the slides of the monkey bars. 

She set Caleb into those special swings designed specifically for babies and let him wiggle himself to get comfortable. She laughed when hearing Caleb's small giggles and started to softly tap the swing to create movement. 

He giggled a little more, flapping his arms up and down. But the pair of hands on her waist caused her to jump up, frightened. 

Soft deep familiar laughter is heard behind her, making her relax a little while continuing to softly swing Caleb. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. Why don't you sit in the other swing and I'll push you both?" Xander's voice whispers into her ear. She shivers when she feels his hot breath trailing down her neck. It was arousing, but it frightened her a little. 

She nods, not turning her head behind and went to sit on the swing beside them. Xander softly swings Caleb a little higher than Ara had done, making her worry a little, but when she noticed that he wasn't going to fly out of his seat or cry she relaxed. 

Xander went to attend Ara, pulling her seat back a lot more higher than what he did with Caleb's then set her free. Ara squeals with laughter when she’s thrust towards the air. She hadn't been on a swing since she was in elementary, she had thought that she was too old for it every time she passed by one, that is until now. 

Xander pushes her back to swing her with one hand while using his other hand to lightly swing Caleb. She smiled, feeling the wind blow into her face and pulling back her hair. It was a fun feeling, like she was once again flying.