Chapter Seven

(One Week Later...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were closing in on me.

I couldn't make my legs go any faster, and I could hear their pounding footsteps getting closer. I looked to my left, making sure Espeon was still running beside me. Her breath was coming out in short gasps, as was mine.

"Magmar, use Flamethrower!" A man shouted. I immediately flattened myself down on the ground, pushing Espeon down with me. The attack barely missed my head, possibly singeing a few hairs. We jumped back up and started running again.

"Gligar, use slash!" A woman shouted. The purple bat-like Pokemon swooped down in front of me, and I held up my arms as it attacked. Its wings cut deep into my arms, and they started to gush blood, but somehow I kept running.

Finally, lights of a town came into view.

"We have to let her go, if we're seen in town it could end badly." I heard the man say.

"Giovanni isn't going to be very happy with us." The woman's voice said.

"We'll get her eventually. She can't hid forever."

I raced into the town, and made for the nearest house. I meant to turn and go around the house and to the door, but the blood loss was getting to me, and I accidentally crashed right into the side. I banged my head pretty hard, and I finally collapsed. Espeon stumbled down next to me. Just as I was about to pass out, a boy came out of the house. His eyes got wide when he saw me.

"Dad, there's a girl and a pokemon out here! I think they're injured!"

Then, I lost consciousness.