Chapter Eighteen

The next morning I woke up before Silver, so I quietly slipped to my room and took a shower. After getting dressed, I went back to Silver's room, and he was still asleep. I plopped down on the edge of the bed.

"Silver, time to get up." I said in a sing-song voice. His eyes fluttered open.

"Get off my bed." He mumbled, pushing me off. "What do you want?"

"Here." I held out a round, blue berry. He sat up and took it.

"What's this?" He asked suspiciously.

"It's an Oran berry. It'll make you better. And stop looking at me like that! You act like I'm going to try and poison you!"

"You might. I don't trust you."

OUCH. After everything... I felt tears welling in my eyes.

"If you don't trust me, then why are you traveling with me? I saved your life twice, for Arceus' sake! You know what, I'm done."

I whirled around and stormed out, slamming the door behind me. I went back to my room, packed my stuff, and left the pokemon center.

-~-~-~-

By sunset I was almost completely through route 44, but I decided to camp out. I climbed up in a tree and laid down a thick branch.

I pondered over the events that had happened earlier. I still couldn't believe how much it had hurt when Silver said he didn't trust me.

After thinking for a while longer, I finally dozed off.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: sorry this chapter is so short!

Comment and vote of you like it!