Chapter Twenty-Three

Beep... Beep... Beep...

My eyes fluttered open, and I found myself in a pokemon center. As I sat up I saw that I was hooked up to several machines and a drip.

I glanced at the door as the pink-haired nurse came in.

"How are you feeling, dear?" She asked with her usual smile.

"Good." I said. "Do you know where the boy who brought me here is?"

"He left a minute ago, but he should be back soon."

"Ok, thanks."

"I'll be back soon to bring you some food." The nurse headed back out the door. A couple minutes later I heard two voices coming towards my room.

"You just let them take her power?!" A voice yelled. I recognized out as Gold's, and he sounded beyond mad.

"No, you nitwit! She gave them up to Team Rocket!" Silver's voice snapped back, and he also sounded angry.

"And you let her?!"

"I didn't exactly have a say in it!"

"Yeah, right!"

"Just shut up. You don't know what happened." I heard footsteps heading the other direction, and a second later Gold came in.

"Oh hey, you're awake!" He said, smiling at me. I glared back at him. "What?"

"You didn't have the right to yell at Silver."

"But-"

"No buts! He's the one who yells at people, not you. Now stop acting like him and be Gold."

"Ok." He started walking towards the chairs near the bed, when he accidentally tripped over his own feet and did a faceplant. I burst into laughter and he got up, also laughing.

"That's better." I giggled.

-~-~-~-

I was in the pokemon center for the next week while my stomach wound healed. The poison was fortunately already gone.

And I also discovered I looked a lot different.

My hair had turned brown, but my eyes were the same bright blue. Apparently my hair odd color had been tied in with my powers.

At first I was pretty upset. I really had liked my old hair. But it was only a couple days before I got over it and accepted that I was now a brunette. But the next chance I got, I was going to punch Giovanni.

I spent most of my time reading or talking to Gold when he was around. Silver didn't show up after the argument between him and Gold.

"Hey!" Gold strode in some time after noon, grinning.

"Hey." I smiled back, sitting up. "I was going to ask you... what happened to Silver?"

"The red-haired guy? He left." My smile faltered as hurt stabbed into my chest.

"What?"

"Yeah, he's took off like five days ago. Why?"

"Nothing. I was just wondering."

Why was I surprised? He didn't care about me; why would he stay?

"He hurt your feelings." He stated it like a fact, frowning.

"A little. I don't know why I thought he was still here."

"I'm sorry. He's a real jerk."

"Yeah, I know. Nevermind that. It doesn't matter anyway. How are you?"

As he began talking, my mind wandered slightly, and all I could think of was- why had he just left? If he was willing to risk his life to help me, why not stay to see if I was ok? It bugged me more than it should have.

Why didn't he seem to care?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: so, Glaceon and Silver basically don't like each other right now.

I'm not super happy with this chapter... But I hope you liked it!

And also, has anyone been shipping Silver and Glaceon? Just curious, so if you do, please tell me. I MUST KNOW :P

Comment and Vote!