1

Michael

It had been two months since I'd seen him. He used to come everyday with the same steaming beverage, wearing the same exact hoodie and holding the journal that he always drew in. I always wondered what his artwork looked like, as he was extremely concentrated and didn't let anything distract him, aside from the sound of the wheels hitting the track when the subway would come to a stop.

He had only glanced at me once each day or every other day but it never lasted long. I wasn't able to get a smile out of him once, throughout the two week period I'd see him. He always gave me a blank stare and his face held little to no emotion. It scared me but it didn't stop me from wanting him. I wanted him more than I had ever wanted anyone before because he was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen in my life.

There were only two things that could stop my train of thought. The sound of my phone ringing, which just so happened to be my mother calling about how my education is going, and the other, being my best friend who's waiting for me outside of the dorms.

I had just gotten off of the subway, and as usual, the boy with the gorgeous brown eyes was nowhere to be found. Sometimes, I wonder what happened to him. Not sometimes, every single day. There isn't a moment that goes by when I'm not thinking about him and how different he made me feel. It didn't matter if we didn't speak, because he made me feel something and I never even knew his name.

"How are you holding up?"

Luke chose our weekly hang out to be in the library this time, since our apartment looked like complete trash and it wasn't the most fun place to do something together.

"If by holding up you mean failing all of my classes, then absolutely fantastic."

The blonde boy sighed. Sure, he had more important things to do, such as study for his upcoming English exam, but his best friend was too priority right now.

"Is it that boy again?"

I could only nod. He wasn't just a boy. Being the creep I am, I discovered so many things about the random stranger; like how he switched pens everyday, always being a red or a blue, never black. His artwork was always colorful, yet he dressed in dark colors. It was confusing to me.

"Maybe you need a distraction."

"That'd be nice, yeah," I agreed, but my mind was still going back to that boy again. I just want to know his name. Maybe brown eyes is a good name for him, or angel. He always looked like one to me.

"How about we forget about our plans for the weekend and go out? Maybe get a couple of beers and watch football like we used to?"

Luke looked a bit hopeful, as if he knew I wouldn't turn him down. I wasn't up for that sensational feeling of alcohol running down my throat with the burning pleasure coming right after it. All I really wanted to do was lay in bed and just think. About him.

"I don't know."

"Come on Mike, you're building up your walls again. It's just one night. What's the worst that can happen?"

I smiled when thinking about it. One night won't hurt, right?

"Okay, but I'll only have one beer."

"Sure you will, but I'll take your word for it."

-

I had to return to work shortly after my classes ended. That meant getting back on the subway, getting off then being full of disappointment because the only person you look forward to seeing isn't there.

I still have hope though.

"Hello Michael."

I was greeted by Flora, the friendliest person I've ever met. She's quite the chatterbox, but makes these long boring subway rides worth while, even if the only thing she talks about is herself and her pet goldfish.

"Then my mum came into my bedroom and told me that she was getting me checked for STD'S, since she doesn't trust Ricky. She also thinks I'm pregnant, but we always use protection."

"That's nice," I replied, not really wanting to know about Ricky or her possibly having STD'S. That just freaks me out.

"Well see you later, Mike."

This must be my stop. Finally.

I stepped off of the subway, expecting the bench to be empty, but it wasn't.

It was him.

He was there.

For the first time in two months.

I couldn't believe my eyes, but I knew for sure that my heart was pounding inside of my chest and that it was definitely him. That same sweater that's completely worn out and the steaming beverage aside him that smelt of peppermint coffee. But something was off.

He didn't have his journal.

Instead of his hands working magically against the blank paper, they were pocketed inside of his hoodie. His facial expressions were showing something, but I could barely see anything due to his head being down.

This was my chance.

I walked over towards him, my hands and arms slightly shaking. I have to say something, before he disappears again for who knows how long.

"Hey hot stuff, I'm Michael. And you are?"

-

A/N: I lied, I wanted to start it now. Not in 2016. Haha.

915 words. Short first chapter.

Thanks for reading.