26

Michael

"Calum I-"

I felt like I couldn't breathe. I desperately wanted to tell him everything I was feeling but my heart was giving up. I was mentally falling to my knees because all of the confidence drained inside of me like a river and for the first time, I felt dead inside. And I now understood how he feels. How he's felt all of these years.

"Please say something," Calum whimpered softly and I felt terrible. He deserved so much more than me. So much more than somebody who's just going to hurt him in the end.

"I like you too." That wasn't the response I wanted to deliver.

"You do?"

I smiled softly while grabbing his hand and pulling him closer towards my body. I was terrified, yeah, and I felt as if I had zero confidence left inside of me but his smile reminded me of what being brave meant.

"Isn't it obvious? I flirt with you everyday."

I watched as his cheeks turned a crimson red and his lips curved into that adorable smile that I've fallen head over heels for since I saw him sitting alone at the train station.

This was my moment.

The moment I finally witnessed with my own eyes.

And I was going to kiss him.

But he didn't want to kiss me.

"Too soon?" I squeaked as I pulled away from our lips nearly touching and he nodded awkwardly before slipping his fingers between mine.

"A little. But only because I want to go on a date first. I prefer to keep things at a slow and steady pace rather than jump right into kissing and making out and everything."

I smiled, because he was too adorable. I love how he cared so much about perfecting things. It was as though he were the kind of guy who didn't want to kiss in the middle of a restaurant because their first had to be somewhere beautiful. Somewhere that blossoms grew underneath bushes that skyrocketed the soil that our seeds are hidden in. Somewhere that you could smell beauty running through the atmosphere. Because beauty definitely had a name and it's name was Calum Hood.

And he was and always will be perfect.

"Well, where are we going?"

"Don't think I'm automatically going to tell you, Clifford. Its a surprise."

"Okay, Hood," I retorted, thinking back to the very first time that word fell out of his mouth helplessly and I loved every second calling him by his last name that I would eventually take. Either that or he'll take mine.

Calum Clifford.

Michael Hood. How cute.

I smiled at the thought of marrying him one day and I knew I was dragging myself in too deep but it definitely was worth it. It was worth more than anybody could imagine.

-

"Luke, where the fuck are you?"

"Right here," Luke said casually as he flung the television remote in the air and tossed the remainders of his popcorn kernels onto the couch that I'd have to clean up because he'd probably fall asleep before picking up his disgusting mess.

"We need to talk, like now."

Luke sighed heavily as he hit pause on the television.

"What the hell could be more important than Teen Wolf?"

"Calum."

"Eh," Luke retorted with a hint of sarcasm, "he's okay."

I felt beyond annoyed at this point because Calum was more important than Teen Wolf. He was more important than the skyscrapers that carried love into the sky. He was more important than the waves that crashed in the sea or the footprints that people made in the sand as a way to mark their territory. He was more important than everything in my eyes, because I like, if not love the boy very very much.

"I'm being serious. He likes me. As in has a crush on me. As in we can date now and get married one day and have two kids of our own, and both of them will be girls because Calum loves flowers so they'd be able to wear flowers in their hair all the time."

"Chill," Luke mumbled to himself as he stood up and tried to act like he didn't care but deep down, even I could tell he was excited that Malum was finally happening.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited that I forgot how to breathe."

"Well you better learn again because you don't want to die before your date, now do you?" I didn't know that he knew about the date, but apparently he catches on fast and gets really cocky about it afterwards. But then again, that's why he's my best friend.

"You're right. I'll teach myself again, but first I need lessons on how to look more attractive for our date."

Luke grinned, completely forgetting that Teen Wolf was on and he ruffled his fingers through my hair which irritated me, but at least he was trying to think of a solution.

"Lets start with this."

-

A/N: i hate this chapter so much. :-( its written poorly and I'm super sorry about that.

Also why did the reads suddenly drop? I really want this story to get 1k and I feel like you guys aren't even interested in it anymore.

Please understand that I'm trying my best and I cannot update everyday because I go to school from 7-3 and work from 3-6 so please don't hate me. :(