12

Michael

I couldn't stop glancing at the photo I took with Hood. He looked so adorable with his eyes squinted and that goofy smile on his face. It was extremely difficult forcing myself not to kiss him on the lips but at least I managed to get some action by kissing his cheek. It wasn't much, but it was a step. Soon enough, he will be mine and I won't have to be hesitant towards proving to him that he's beautiful by showing just how much I like - love him.

I genuinely believe I'm starting to love him and that's something I've only experienced once when I was younger. Hood just makes me feel alive, like all along I've been missing an important piece of me and then he showed up, giving me the light I needed to abstract myself from the darkness lingering around me.

I was rushing to get back to the station after work since I had an awfully early shift today and evening was approaching rather quickly. It was only five, meaning there was still a chance Hood would be there. And I was right; he was sitting on the bench, doodling a rose with veins holding it up. He was so talented, I loved that.

"Hi."

"Hey," Hood replied awkwardly as he closed his journal. I frowned, because he was still ashamed of his artwork which didn't make any sense. He was amazing at it, so why not show off?

"Let's do something illegal."

"Illegal?" Hood repeated, as if he didn't hear me correctly the first time. When I nodded, his tan skin grew pale and he looked rather nervous. Maybe I shouldn't have suggested that so soon.

"Yes, that is what I said."

"I don't know you well enough to do-"

"Come on, Hood. Live a little."

He sat there for a minute as though he were contemplating, then he picked his journal up and sipped the remaining liquid he had in his cup before standing up.

"Alright, I'll do it. Just this time."

-

"Do you see that man standing in there?" I whispered to him, pointing at the awkward male standing in front of the counter with a newspaper in his hand. If I would have known better, it looked like he was falling asleep due to how many times he yawned in the three minutes we watched him.

"Yeah, I do. He looks exhausted."

"I need you to distract him."

"Why me?" Hood asked, fear taking over his voice. He was so cute, I loved it. But he needed to take chances instead of being afraid.

"So I can get some snacks before our adventure."

"Adventure?"

"Stop asking so many questions," I replied irritated, "all you need to do is flirt with him."

Hood seemed as though he wanted to ask another question, but he just nodded and reluctantly walked inside with his head down. I watched as he tried to grab the man's attention, and then I noticed him whispering in the guy's ear. I tried not to let the jealousy envy me, but it was developing rather quickly even if it was all an act.

Once they walked away, I took it as my chance to run to the back counter, where I could find a box of the newest brand of cigarettes which are considered the best, a couple of lighters and a bag of gummy bears. It was an odd combination, but I figured I'd have to get high in order to avoid getting angry at Hood, and I knew we'd get hungry with how many things we're doing to attempt to do tonight.

I walked out of the back door, mumbling to myself when realizing that the machines could go off any minute, signalling that I stole items from the empty market we managed to get through, anyway. It didn't though, thankfully and I was out before the two of them returned.

I watched Hood walk back towards me with a small, awkward and unrealistic smile on his face. He looked rather angry.

"Michael, its wrong to steal."

"You're such a good boy. It's cute, but we have to get going."

Hood frowned, but nodded and followed me to wherever we were going next. Truthfully, I had no idea where we were going. I just wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

-

"Let me guess, we're going to spray paint some abandoned walls or we'll break into someone's house," Hood spoke out of the blue, causing me to stop in my tracks as we were walking to the middle of nowhere.

"I didn't even think of that," I spoke with honesty, disappointed in myself because that could have been fun. Spray painting walls with our initials, then running away from the police if they were to catch it. That's an adventure if you ask me.

"Then what are we going to do? We're literally in an empty parking lot right now."

"Um, we could just chill."

"I don't recall chilling being illegal."

"Don't be a smartass," I replied, ruffling his hair because it was already messy and I wanted to see his reaction. The pout he gave me after I messed it up more was to die for. I love his pouts, they make him special.

"Alright, we can chill. But only for a little bit, because I should really get home before curfew."

"You care too much," I replied as I pulled out the pack of cigarettes from my pocket. I could hear Hood gasping next to me, and at first I didn't pay any mind to it, but then he grabbed the box out of my hand and threw it into one of the bushes. It's too dark to be able to find it.

"What the fuck? I paid for those!"

"You mean stole."

"No, I mean paid. I left some money on the counter because I felt bad afterwards. I'm not that much of a dickhead."

Hood frowned again. Maybe I should start keeping count of how many times he frowns. But I'd rather make him smile than pout, seeing as I've upset him enough.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make you happy and help get you out of your shell because you're so shy. But I love your shyness because its cute as fuck and I just-"

"I don't get how you can find so many perfections in someone who has so many flaws," Hood mumbled as he glanced up at the stars above us.

"In my eyes, you don't have any flaws because you're beautiful."

"I'm not, Michael. I'm damaged and broken and empty and you shouldn't be wasting your time on someone like me."

"I enjoy wasting my time on you, because moments like these are valuable. And we're all broken, Hood. We're all just chemical kids looking for an escape to this torn up reality that we're permanently stuck in."

I noticed that he had moved closer to me and that he had now laid his petite body on mine, his head was on my chest and I could see that he was comfortable even though the both of us were sitting on a pebbled street, where we could get hit by a car if this wasn't an empty parking lot. I'm glad it's empty, because I wouldn't want to lose him. He's too precious.

"Thank you," Hood whispered, a genuine smile taking over his features.

"For what?"

"For helping me get away for a while. You're nicer than I thought you'd be."

Well, I'm pretty cocky. But Hood makes me want to change.

"Oh and one more thing."

"Hm?" I mumbled as I ran my fingers across his muscular arm, examining the tattoos he had and wondering what they meant and why he chose to get them and when it happened. He was my little mystery.

"My name is Calum."

"Well, Calum Thomas Hood, its a pleasure to finally get to know you."

-

A/N:

I love this story so much. :-((((