5

Michael

"You're awfully happy today. What's up?" Luke questioned as he appeared in front of me randomly.

Yesterday, I was soaking myself in piles of books and paperwork because I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get anything done. The bills were piling in, our apartment already being overdue on rent and my job not paying enough, as minimum wage isn't enough to get me through the month.

Today though, I felt a million times better. I had finally learned something about the beautiful boy who always sits on the ruptured bench with a steaming drink and a velvet journal that surprisingly isn't full yet.

"I am."

Luke did that bizarre thing where he lifts his eyebrows in a rather fast motion, it being too fast and surprising me each time, because how is that even a humanly thing to do?

"Spill."

"You know that boy I was telling you about a few days ago?"

The blonde made himself comfortable in the seat in front of me while baffling his eyelashes. "You mean the one with magical brown eyes and the cutest nose?"

"Yes, that one," I replied contently, a smile creeping upon my features. I couldn't help but smile when thinking about the boy, he truly is something that I can't describe.

"He drew me and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life, Luke. And last night, he even told me his name. Well, part of it."

"You once told me French Toast was the most amazing thing you've seen in your life," Luke pointed out with a serious face, though I could see a slight grin playing off his lips.

"Okay, well this is different. He's different."

"Heard that one before, too. Whats the boys name?"

I sighed, just daydreaming about him. I know I'm a complete flirt and in the past, I bounced from relationship to relationship but I can't help it. I love exploring and dating new people. He on the other hand makes me never want to explore again, because he's everything I've been searching for.

"Hello?" Luke said in an irritated yet deep tone, his anger showing in those pale cheeks of his. He had snapped his fingers in front of my face a couple of times until I finally, mentally and physically snapped out of it.

"Hood."

"I swear I've heard that somewhere before."

Luke was now playing with his lip piercing. He always does that whenever he's thinking deeply about something.

"You have?"

"I think so, I'll have to get back at you on that."

"Okay," I replied with a smile on my face. Hood was enough to know that I no longer had to call him brown eyes or angel, even though he still represents both.

"You better get to work, Michael. Wouldn't want to get kicked out of this place," Luke reminded me as he slid on his jacket. We both had places to be, him being at the music store where he can listen to his manager boss him around, but he doesn't mind because "his boss is the most attractive human being to ever walk this earth" and he's by the name of Ashton Irwin.

"Right, see you tonight?"

"Course."

-

"It's about time you got here, I was beginning to think I'd have to take these orders myself," Lillian spoke, her face showing that she felt relieved.

I work as a waiter at Olive Garden, the one and only place that has the most delicious breadsticks on the planet. I usually work from eleven in the morning to five at night, but I was slightly late so I'll have to make up for that in order to get paid the same amount. Bills need to be paid and I can't afford to be slacking off like I have been lately, unfortunately.

"There's a family ready to order at table six in the back. Mind taking their order for me?" Lillian asked sweetly. She had the most gentle voice. I'd say she's sweeter than Flora, but that's a complete lie. I've heard this girl ramble about the things she's done to people who broke her heart and believe me, its not pretty.

"Yeah, its no problem. See you on the other side," I replied with a wink, making her blush even if she is four and a half years older than me. If that wasn't the case, I'd definitely date her.

"Hi, my name's Michael and I'll be your server for the day. Can I start you off with a couple of drinks?" I spoke kindly, not tearing my eyes away from my ordering book. That was until I heard a familiar voice talking after the others did.

"Hi, I'll just have a water with lemon on the side. But please don't squeeze the lemon, I like to do it myself."

I recognized that voice.

I looked up from my ordering book, my breath practically hitching when seeing Hood in front of me, with three other people. The girl next to him looked oddly familiar, and then I realized she was the one he was waiting for at the train. Did he bring his girlfriend here along with his parents?

Though they did look somewhat related, I still assumed they were a couple with the way they hugged at the station.

"O-of course you can have it on the side. I-I'll be back with your drinks."

I face palmed myself when walking away, because that was such an idiotic move. I've never stuttered before, I'm always confident. Maybe it's because he showed up at the place I work, with his girlfriend and his parents. It was all too much pressure, and they don't even know who I am.

"Is everything alright?" Lillian asked in a worried voice, her taking in the fact that I couldn't stop pacing around while Austin, in the kitchen, was making the drinks.

"Fantastic."

"You know Michael, you sure are sarcastic a lot for someone who's having a panic attack right now."

I stopped in my tracks, not understanding what she meant by that. I know I'm sarcastic but I'm definitely not having a panic attack. I'm a confident guy, there's nothing for me to panic about. Except the fact that he noticed it was me and gave me a longing stare until his parents said something about a class or whatever.

"It's just this guy who's here. He uh, I see him by the train a lot on my way back home and I didn't expect to see him anywhere else but there."

Lillian had a grin on her face. "Well life is full of surprises, isn't it? I'd say go talk to him, but don't do too much. Now go give them your drinks before they get impatient and leave. I'm not paying you to slack off."

"Right."

I went back over to the table, where he was with his girlfriend and his family and I delivered their drinks in the friendliest way I could.

"Ready to order?"

This was going to be the longest night of my life.

-

Double update! I felt like it.

1190 words.