11

Calum

He was there the next day but not in his usual spot. I'd normally see Michael standing against the painted brick walls, waiting for the train to arrive. But instead, he was sitting in the one spot I always find myself in. The only place I could feel comfortable without a stranger taking it away from me.

"Uh Michael? I believe you're on my bench," I spoke shyly, not wanting to cause a scene in public. You should really stop talking, Calum. Before things get out of hand.

"I know, beautiful. I wanted to take you somewhere."

"Me?" I pursed, pointing towards my chest. I was in pure shock when he nodded his head, because why would anyone want to spend time with Calum Hood. I'm a waste, if anything.

"I don't know, I told Mali I'd wait."

"Oh, I talked to your sister the other day at Olive Garden. She told me that it'd be fine if you left her."

I could feel myself frowning at this point. It was a routine of mine to wait and draw, until I could hear the sound of the engine from a mile away. But now, I'd have to change that just to fit Michaels needs. I don't like that at all.

"I'm okay."

"Please let me take you out, just once. And if you don't like it then I swear I'll never bother you again." No, I liked being bothered by him. Although he was annoying, he was great company. Cute, also. But I wouldn't admit that to anyone.

"Alright."

-

The two of us walked in silence for around ten minutes, until Michael started saying dumb pick-up lines and obnoxious yet hilarious jokes.

"Want to hear my favorite joke?" Michael questioned with a smile playing off of his lips. I couldn't say no, he was just so cute. And talkative, but cute.

"Sure."

"Okay. So one night a man and woman went to the guys house to have sex. He stopped her to say "I still live with my parents and my brother and I share bunk beds so if you want to change positions say "lettuce" and if you want to go faster say "tomatos."

I quirked an eyebrow, because this joke was definitely weird. "Mhm, go on."

"So they were doing the do and she was screaming "lettuce, lettuce, tomatos, lettuce, tomatos, tomatos and the younger brother who was on the bottom bunk said "Could you stop making sandwiches, you're getting mayonnaise on me"!"

Michael bursted into a fit of laughter, while I just stood there confused with a pout on my lips.

"I don't get it." Truthfully, I didn't.

"Oh Hood, you're so innocent."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing angel."

We continued walking to wherever we were going, until we stopped at a flower shop.

"Why are we here?" Calum, stop asking questions before you scare him away. You already lost everyone else.

"Thought it'd be nice to get us matching flower crowns. Or different colors. The pastel blue would look really pretty on you."

Ugly, you mean.

"If I get blue, then you should get purple with white."

He seemed as though he liked my suggestion and instantly picked up two flower crowns, bringing them towards the check out desk to buy.