14

Michael

"I'm beautifully immortal."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean, exactly?" Luke mumbled under his breath as he flipped through the pages of a magazine we received in the mail this morning. He's been in an agitated mood ever since he woke up and whenever he's angry, he has a tendency to take it out on me since I'm the first person he sees when he's awake.

"It means that I'm indestructible; nothing in the world can damage me or bring me harm because I'm immortal and its beautiful. So therefore, I'm beautifully immortal."

"Michael, sometimes I wonder what's running through that little brain of yours."

"Wonderful things, but mostly Calum."

"Of course."

That conversation I was having with Luke ran through my mind consistently. I wasn't exactly sure what I meant by beautifully immortal, but I did know that I was trying to sound intelligent or whatever. It's a good way to practice, because Calum seems like the type of person who enjoys the company of sophisticated people. I'd like to be one of them, if not the only person who is.

I was sitting on the train with my neck hanging to the side, listening but not really listening to Flora blab on about a social worker who just moved across the street from her. I really wish she'd stop talking about her life.

I've learned to tune her out and focus on my thoughts, because they seem to be the only thing now that can prevent me from being bored. That and hanging out with the brunette, but I'm not going to be with him every second of the day, even if I want to be.

Speaking of which, I was planning on telling Calum that I made a mistake by saying that he wanted to get involved with GAD when he didn't, but the minute I saw him when stepping off of the train, I was choked up.

"You look really hot."

"But not beautiful, right?"

"No, you're always going to be beautiful."

Calum smiled softly as he nodded and glanced down at his nail polish. It was freshly painted and I didn't notice so much as a spot lingering anywhere. I've found another thing he's talented at, because some people struggle with painting nails; me being one of them.

"Are you ever going to paint your nails another color aside from black?"

"Probably not."

"Well that's okay. The black looks great on you."

"Thanks."

I gulped down, because I knew that right now was a time to tell him before I lost him permanently. I definitely didn't want that.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Go for it." I loved how soft his voice was; he couldn't even hurt a fly with how gentle and sweet he is. It makes me melt inside, and nothing could make Michael Gordon Clifford melt except for Calum Thomas Hood.

"I uh- I really like spending time with you and I wanted to know if you'd like to hang out tomorrow?"

That clearly didn't go as planned.

"Do you have a place in mind?"

"I do, but its a surprise. Only if you're willing to say yes."

"As long as its not illegal, I'd love to."

Maybe it wasn't the best choice to avoid telling him, because he's bound to find out eventually. But I know that he's a forgiving person, or at least he seems like one. If he's gentle with someone like me, who is claimed as a stranger and not a friend, then maybe he won't be so mad at me when he finds out.

-

"Michael, what's gotten into you? You've been slacking a lot lately and that's not good for a job," Lillian scolded, giving me another warning that I'd be fired in the blink of an eye if I keep this little act of mine up. It was pointless to try explaining that I can't set my mind straight because Calum is invading my thoughts and keeping me from being successful.

It shouldn't be that way, but all I can think about is him. I've never liked someone so much; it's always been small hookups or non lasting relationships that go for around a week or two until someone finds another person who's better and is their perfect fit.

I haven't found my perfect fit yet; the one who can make me feel like I'm walking on water or that the entire world that I thought was in the palm of my hands is actually in front of me, because I can see them and they can see me and its a way to say that they are the one I've been searching for since day one. And for some peculiar reason, I have a strong feeling that that someone might be Calum.

I can just feel it.

"I'm taking money out of your paycheck for being late again."

"Understandable."

"Also, I contacted your mother. I think she needs to talk to you about your behavior. It's unacceptable."

I frowned at her words because why did she find it necessary to contact the one person who knows how disobedient I am in terms of responsibility.

"I'm old enough to not need consultation from my mum. Thank you."

"You're never too old, Michael. I'm twenty five and I still need it whenever I'm acting up. You'll actually thank me later when she helps you set your priorities straight. But for now, I'm going to need you to bus some tables because business is slow today."

"Alright."

There was a possibility that the entire time that I was placing dishes inside of the bins, and scrubbing the tables with multiple cleaners such as bleach and 99.9% germ removal spray, I thought of him. He's found a way into my life; into my thoughts and into my heart, the one place I thought nobody would ever be able to get to.

But its beating and its beating hard because this isn't just some aphrodisiac crush that will pass over in a couple of weeks; its more than that. It's an infinitum sensational feeling that will last for months, possibly even years. I know it sounds ridiculous, but the moment I saw him sitting there with those ravishing chestnut eyes and those libidinous lips that I still, to this day, want to desperately kiss, that he just might be my everything. And every little thing he does, whether it's a pout or a whine, or a small stumble when he accidentally gets clumsy, I fall harder.

Everything within me is telling me not to let him go though, because Calum Hood is worth the catch. And if I have to, I'm willing to spend every last minute of my life chasing him until he is finally mine.

-

A/N:

1140 words.

I thought you guys would have liked this story but I guess I was wrong? I don't know, it just barely has any reads and I'm working so hard to make this good. But maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

Anyway, here's a double update!

You guys should follow my Instagram if you haven't already. It's @whoalashton. (: