Epilogue

Calum and Michael were boyfriend and boyfriend for five years, ten months and fifteen days. The colorful haired boy desperately wanted to change that, because he didn't think it was enough.

The brunette was working hours on end at a flower shop, as he finally found the confidence to work in a place that he enjoyed, and customers were often friendly. Of course, he got the typical "rude" visitor every once in a while, but it didn't affect how he saw himself, the way he used to. Calum still had fears about Bryan walking into the flower shop, which never happened, because the male was ten thousand miles away in another country, but the brunette didn't know that.

Michael ended up becoming a comedian, since people always found him funny for being decently brave and cocky, and he always had pick-up lines to start off his shows. He'd invite his boyfriend on it occasionally as well, as a special guest, because well, Calum was really fucking special to him.

Which is why he planned on proposing to him the day he invited him onto his show. Calum was nervously sitting in one of the chairs, in front of hundreds of people who were just watching from the crowd, on the opposite side of the stage, and the brunette wasn't quite sure if he felt honored or afraid, despite still being confident, as Michael had helped him.

He grew out of his eating disorder and is now working out four times a week, strengthening and toning his body as much as possible because he sort of wants to be an athlete when he grows older, but still works in a flower shop. There's nothing wrong with the femininity of it all, because flowers weren't specifically designed for females. He could do whatever the fuck he wanted. Despite being confident, he was happy with himself and the way he turned out two years later after Michael endlessly pushing him, but in a caring and non-possessive way.

Once Calum realized he didn't need to live in his parents house, because he was an adult, he decided to move into Michael's apartment, since the colorful haired boy had been lonely due to Luke moving in with his boyfriend-soon to be husband- and everything ended up turning out nicely. They had two dogs, and one kitten, and they all surprisingly got along - which made the two even happier because they were both practically their own version of puppies and kittens. Could you ever guess which was which? Probably not.

Calum smiled thinking about how far he's come since the beginning of his journey, and truthfully, he couldn't have done it without the help of Michael. After all, he probably would have ended up in a mental hospital if it weren't for his boyfriend. Thank you, Michael.

Speaking of Michael, the boy came out shortly after grooming himself up, and Calum felt relieved that he didn't have to sit there any longer on his own, holding a bouquet of flowers that were obviously for his boyfriend. He was also wearing the flower crown that Michael picked out for him a while back, which made the moment even cuter. And maybe he brought Michael's old flower crown as well, but the crowd didn't need to know that. Though they were suspicious when Michael smiled and put it on.

"As you all know, this boy means the freaking world to me," Michael announced, remembering that some viewers watching through a television had children, so he tried to keep everything PG, even if he didn't really give a shit, "And I brought him out here tonight because I want to give him my world."

"You already did," Calum whispered, easing himself into the white chair he was sitting in until the crowd could no longer see his face, though the camera picked it up quite easily.

"Yes, but I mean a different world. A world where I never have to lose you."

"W-What are you saying?" The brunette reiterated, still having that same stutter he picked up on in high school. Michael still found it adorable.

The colorful haired boy got down on one knee, bringing shock to the entire crowd - but mostly Calum. He was sitting there with his hands covering his face, because there was no way this was fucking happening. Michael Gordon Clifford wanted to marry a boy who used to be afraid of mirrors.

"Calum, I spent months trying to persuade you that I could give you anything and everything, and not once, did you believe me," Michael chuckled into the microphone, "well not until we started dating, that is. The moment you asked me to be your boyfriend, I knew that life was going to get better from then on. And that night we sat in the parking lot and you yelled at me because you thought I stole cigarettes really showed how much you cared about me, and it meant the whole god damn world to me that somebody actually cared about me in more than a platonic way. I could just tell, Cal. I could just tell. And you made me so happy, even when you weren't doing anything. Just knowing that you smiled whenever you did something right or whenever I kissed you, I knew I wanted to have an eternity with you. Which is why I'm going to ask you, with my shaky ass hands, if you Calum Thomas Hood, would do the honor of marrying me?"

Michael watched a couple of tears slip down the lads face, and it was still a beautiful moment for the two and everyone around them as well.

Calum stood up, trying to act all tough as he was more muscular than Michael now, pretending to intimidate the boy, despite knowing that the colorful haired lad couldn't be intimidated, and he playfully wrapped his arms around Michael's neck, just like he did the night on the deck, when they gazed up at the stars and realized they wanted forever.

"Yes."

Michael leaned in, pressing his lips against the boy passionately just before pulling away and shouting he said yes, and damn, he definitely felt like his heart was going to give out any minute. But staring into Calum's eyes made him feel relieved - made him feel okay.

Michael smiled, just before intertwining his fingers with his soon to be - husband.

"Hey hot stuff, I'm Michael, and you are?"

Calum burst out laughing and Michael just smiled, because staring at his smile was the second best thing in the world. Being with him was the first.

"Hood."

"Well Hood, I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you."

-

A/N;

It's official. This book is over

Thank you for joining me on this journey.

I love you guys.

Goodbye! 💕