40

A/N; I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. I sort of gave up on this story but I'm back again with shitty ideas that nobody's really going to read anyway. To those who do still read after weeks of not updating, enjoy.

-

Michael

I couldn't believe it when I checked the calendar lying around my house. It's been a while since I bothered with the date, since the only times I genuinely cared about were my anniversary with Calum and the dates we had planned and are planning on going on in the future.

It's been such a long time that I didn't realize school was starting up again. My mum called early in the morning, precisely around six in the morning when she knew I liked my beauty sleep. But of course, her voice was like an alarm clock that rung through my ears while the sky was still dark and demanded for me to wake up.

"Dear, I hope you have a wonderful first day back at school."

Fuck was the first thing I mumbled, and I went to check up on Luke since he decided to come back from Ashton's place to live with me again, but then I remembered that he dropped out a while ago since he was tired of people calling him immature names. I could understand, I guess, but I wanted to graduate. I wanted to be remembered as the guy who pursued to go through his career despite having best friends who didn't. I wanted to be the guy who kept going even though he didn't want to. That guy, but I was dreading getting out of bed this morning, especially because it meant I couldn't spend the entire day sneaking around with Calum and calling him cute little nicknames such as puppy and my little raccoon which didn't really make any sense but neither did life.

As I was getting ready - brushing my teeth, combing my hair, throwing on a basic outfit and grabbing a granola bar out of the cabinet - I dialed Calum's number to remind him that I was starting school today. I knew he'd be upset, since he wasn't enrolled any longer because his parents believed home school was better for his education, which pissed me off because we could go to the same exact school and would still be able to sneak around without them knowing.

"Hey baby," Calum answered the phone, his voice seeming raspy and a little off, as though he were crying earlier but I was always able to tell when he was upset or wasn't upset. It was kind of our thing in a way.

"Hey princess, I just wanted to let you know that school is back in season or whatever, meaning we can't spend the day together."

"O-Oh," Calum said, sounding more depressing than usual. I understood when he was sad, but I really didn't like it when I could hear him sniffling on the other end of the phone.

"What's wrong?" I pursed, throwing away the remainder of my granola bar after taking a bite since I no longer had the appetite for it, or for anything really.

"J-Just you know, I'm a little worried that you're going to find somebody who's better than me. Not that I'd blame you for that but I really love you and fuck Michael, please don't find somebody else. I need you in my life more than I've ever needed anybody and if I lose you, I'll lose myself too."

"I spent months fighting for you, love. Do you honestly think I'd leave you for some 'apparently attractive' guy in school? I would never." I meant it, a hundred percent. I'd do anything and everything to keep Calum by my side, even if it meant risking my own life. I care more about him than I care about myself and that's a crazy thing to say.

"That makes me feel a little better," Calum retorted with a sniffle following close behind, "I hope you have a wonderful first day back babe and just know I'm always thinking about you."