Chapter 9

Luka

While everyone put up their best defenses, little did we think that her captor would come through the window. A couple of minutes had passed since I watched Ariyah disappear into thin air. It was by the same green eyes that I had seen in her room that night. The eyes that chilled me to the bone, the ones that made me feel worthless. He finally found her. A second longer and I could have reached her hand, but I was too late. I was assigned to keep the princess safe. That was the only job I had and I failed, not once but twice.

Walking over to the window, I stood in the rippling curtains as the chilling air invaded the warmth of the hospital. Unable to feel the unwelcome guest since I was already cold and destroyed.  At that moment I vowed to do everything in my power to bring her back, to give her the life she should have had from the beginning.

I promise I will find you Ariyah.

Ariyah

Are you awake?

The room was empty.

It is me, Kerala.

"What's going on?" My voice sounded broken and too soft. A raw feeling rippled in my throat leaving it stinging.

Just think. I can hear your thoughts.

I nodded. Where am I and what is going on? I started to stand and found that I was unable to. The pain was gone, but I was chained down. The floor was splintered and the room was stale.

The green eyed man brought you here. Since I am your wolf, I can communicate with you.

Was it true? Everything came at me at once. I knew if anyone could tell me, she could. Kerala, is what they said true?

Yes. The feeling of being numb and alone washed over me.Why was I never told?

The door slammed open. "I see you finally woke up." He sauntered in my direction until he was right before me. "You know how long I have waited to meet you and then they bring you here unconscious." He wiped his hand down his face, wiping the sweat that pooled around his chin. When he flung it off of his fingers, a couple splattered on me and I felt the urge to regurgitate. There was something about this man that pulled me to him. Even with the disgusting stench, he was handsome for his old age and his eyes were familiar.

The door was still cracked slightly. If only I wasn't chained down.

Ariyah, don't anger him. He is different than other people and you are not in the best condition to challenge anyone.

Too late, I felt the sting before I realized what was happening. The warmth informed me that the area was turning red. His hand slapped full force on my cheek. "Look at me when I am speaking to you." When I still ignored him, he grabbed a fist full of my hair and pulled my head back. He looked at me with complete hate, but also want. "Ryan!" His voice was loud and enhanced as it bounced off of the walls and echoed.

While you are in control, I have no ability to protect you. They knew about us, about me. We are prevented from shifting by these chains. They are silver, it weakens us.

It was then that I came to understand the true position I was in. I am left useless again.

"Why?" I sounded fragile and weak.

His piercing green eyes astounded me. This man released my hair as soon as a guy named Ryan appeared in the doorway. "You are going to kill everyone." My body shivered at the malicious tone. "Take care of her, I am going to shower."

"You're wrong.." This time, when I spoke, my voice was barely loud enough to hear. If they heard, they left no clue.

I remembered what was said at the end of my bed in the hospital room. Each pitch to their voice and the emotion that was released. All they contained was sorrow for what I've endured and fear what my future will hold. People were terrified because I exist. After all, I was a mere weapon created for the sole purpose of being used against humanity and other creatures.

Ryan, the man who was called, unhooked me from the broken floor and dragged me into another room. Not only was I weak from the silver that restrained my only hope, Kerala, but from the truth.

Kerala. Have you always been with me?

Yes.

Then, can you answer something?

I will do my best, My Lady.

I've lived a blessed life with Luka and Lucien. All they asked for was for me to protect the town. Why?

I heard her give off a whimpering sigh. They thought you might not end up like the way you were made to if you did such deeds. They didn't want you to become the tool that you were made to be.

Then why is all of this happening now?

I don't know.

Snapping out of my distracted state, I looked at my surroundings. To my nose, it smelt stale and to my eyes, there was mold in the cracks along the wall. The room was similar to the old, except there was a person. She was sitting in a cell that was slightly large enough for her to be in a sitting position. Her head dangled forward blocking her face.

Tight! It burns Ariyah.

The rope that was wrapped around my wrists keeping my body suspended in the air was tight. When I went to pull my legs up, I found that they too were connected to roped that tied my body to the ground. Ryan's cold, rough hands rubbed against my neck as he strapped a cord from one edge of the corner to another and tied them to hooks. I was completely immobile. However, whoever made these restraints, made it to where I could spin according to someone's wishes. I found myself being spun around and locked in place, where I am now facing the corner.

"Behave and you won't end up like her."

AN:

#Edited