Chapter 16

Luka

It has been several months without any leads to finding Ariyah; yet, I still could not bring myself to give up looking for her. There was no one else out there and right now, she could practically be dead. I was not going to abandon her. As soon as we received word about a young girl that matched Ariyah's description near the Southern border of the Creyla pack, Luka, Deamon, and I did not hesitate to pack and set out to find her. The description said that she was weak and wearing minimal clothing that looked to be torn. Her body was bruised. Before they could get to her, someone found her, but she didn't show any fear, so they didn't worry.

Later, we finally caught her scent and followed it until we came across the building where she was located in. To our surprise, the same man that had picked her up was not showering her with comfort and care. Instead, he was beating her. I was livid as soon as I found out what she was going through. I swore to kill whoever was responsible for the actions.

However, their deaths seemed to have been taken care of. There was so much blood around the building, inside and outside. Rotting corpses were laying about the room. The smell alone was enough to make anyone sick. I suppose that is why Deamon quickly walked back outside. However, there was one pair of eyes missing out of the bunch, green.

Walking around, I spotted a cage that was hanging slightly open. The metal bars were slightly bent and rusted. Chains were dangling from the walls and sprawled across the floor. Closing the distance and looking in, I found evidence. Ariyah's name was marked all over the wall and the floor. Another name that was foreign was also written.

"At least she wasn't alone."

There were so many possibilities as to what could have happened, but I knew that she was still alive. Looking around the room once more, there were clues everywhere. Some of them led into the trees where I saw Luka and Deamon currently observing. As I was about to join them, an off smell caught my attention.

"Come out."

All was still and silent as I waited for the being to show themself. A young girl about Ariyah's age appeared. Her long brown hair looked freshly trimmed and circled her face in waves. Looking into her eyes, they depicted the given golden eyes of the werewolf. She was covered in pinkish misshapen flesh. Her right foot gave her a limp in her step.

"Do you know Ariyah?" She sounded so weak but powerful.

"We're her family. How do you know her?"

"I'm Casey, please we need your help."

Her name was all I needed to know. She had been the person that was with Ariyah. Without speaking, she gestured for me to follow her, leading us to a group of people.

----------

"She what?!" I know that I shouldn't have yelled, but we were so close to finding Ariyah and she had gone missing a few hours ago. "Have you tried tracking her?"

"We've tried everything, but it is as if she has vanished off of the planet." Kyle looked as upset as Casey.

There was one who I think they called Kimber, she was smiling. "Serves that trash right for messing with power."

Before any of us could do anything, a high authority voice spoke. "Shut it, Kimber. If anyone has any power it is her. My daughter is not your average wolf or human, she is a hybrid of many. The reason for her no longer speaking to Kerala was because I put a lock on her. I needed her to train as a human before a wolf. Next time, think before you speak."

Surprise filled the room. Perhaps it is because of the way that she had easily given up information. It seemed as though Casey was pleased with what she heard. On the other hand, I was full of surprise but for a different reason. "Cahira?" She looked at me with kindness. Suddenly, everything was forgotten, even my task of finding Ariyah. I pulled her to me and held her.

Ariyah

Fear. I have always been afraid of the dark. That was where the shadows lived, where they were at their strongest. The realm of my nightmares is there and they were waiting. It was the place where I was sure to fall and be destroyed.

Shock. There are billions of people in the world to choose from and out of all of them, I was the victim. I was the choice that was decided upon. Not anyone else, but I was the one they wanted.

Realization. There was not even so much as a single utter of consent that I would even be willing. I was automatically the one they wanted.

The voice said there was no one there for me, that I was truly alone. Somewhere deep within, I felt as though that were a lie. There were people still here for me, but it was right. When I was in need there was no one, even my own mother was not a part of my life. Yet, I was already too far gone to argue. My mind was blank and any traces of resistance was quickly vanishing. There was no longer a need to run and hide. Being weak was no longer a problem and I did not have to worry about rejection. I was wanted. I had made up my decision. I will give myself to the voice and its demands.

"I will become the Princess of Darkness, the one to Walk in the Shadows."

Reality struck and a presence that caused my entire being to stiffen appeared.

"Finally my dear. I missed you."

The familiar voice of the haunting memories left my body trembling in complete terror and despair. As fast as I could, I swirled around to meet the bright eyes of -

AN:

#Edited