Chapter 25

Luka

The world was a place that destroyed all warmth and happiness. It fed off of the dread that came from fallen hope. At one point you are ready for the end to come, but when it actually does, you are left thinking about how insane your actions were. You are left puzzled on why you committed such ideas.

So cold. The raw sensation was sudden and froze my body still. As if clutching onto the area would be enough to give it warmth. Not only was the action a fail, but at an alarming rate, my body temperature was plummeting. I was being dominated and something about this source was gentle. There was a stinging that grew the longer the sensation carried out and when I looked down nothing was there. I was digging my nails into an area trying to prevent something that was not there. However, when I pulled my hand away, there was blood dripping from my hand. Before I could prevent it, it fell. The red liquid oozing down my palm and fell into her mouth coating it in a crimson red, staining her white teeth. Blinking a few times cleared the blurry splotches out of my vision giving me the sight to recognize what was happening.

Once again, there was an explosion of pain that flared. This time, it was teamed with a searing heat. YoHel's followers that she summoned started nearing Deamon and Ariyah's bodies, but whenever I swung out to defend them, I grew exhausted. My strength seemed to be draining with the blood down my side. While I wanted to stay and fight, my body disagreed with me.

I want to protect them.

----------

The world was a cruel reality that everyone must live in. Some are more fortunate than others and do not have to know the harsh realities that others go through.

"Hello Luka." At the sound of my name, I swiveled my body coming face to face with Ariyah. I was filled with immense joy and relief. Then again, I was left in a state of questioning.

"How? You were dead? I watched you die. Your heart -"

"Yes, I died." I don't know whether I was shocked or happy. Here she was confirming my thoughts, but standing before me. She was as beautiful and strong as she was before.

"That means..." Without having to finish my sentence, she knew exactly what I was going to say and nodded. "I'm dead?" She looked off to her left and her face showed one of confusion, then it was covered in sadness. However, when I looked in the same direction I was met with emptiness.

Suddenly, she smiled at me and quickly ran into my arms and gave me a hug. She held on tight and just burrowed her head into my chest. I felt a warmth spread and soak my shirt. Pushing her away, that was the first time I saw her crying with a smile and love. "Thank you for everything. You've been the greatest father a person could have. Our time is coming to an end, but you will be taken care of."

"Wait, I won't see you again?"

She shook her head as a couple more tears fell. "Not in the same way as we are now." Even though she was standing before me with so much sadness, I could not find it in myself to be upset. I was so happy to see her. Even when the news she was delivering was not something I wanted to hear, I still had my daughter back.

"Why?"

"Just be good and stay strong. Take care of everyone the next time you see them. If you don't forget about me, remember I love you all." I reached out to hold her again, but my hand went through her arm and across her body. She started to disappear from my sight.

"You can't go. I haven't fulfilled my purpose yet. I need you." I kept throwing hand after hand trying to grab onto her and pull her close; instead, she seemed to be getting farther away. "I won't forget you. I will find you. We will all be a family again. I promise."