Chapter 1

I woke up to my phone ringing and Goose barking.
Hello?
Grace! Hannah just told me that we got our seats for the tour! Let's go the flight leaves in a few hours.
Alright I'll be over.
I hung up the phone and got out of bed. "Alright Goose let's get ready."
***
40 minutes later I was ready to go with my suitcase already in the trunk. I leashed Goose up and we headed to the kennel.
After i dropped Goose off I started driving to Mamrie's when I got another phone all from her.
Hey Helbig! Change of plans I need you to pick up Chester.
Who? I asked confused.
Chester See. Remember?
I'll give you his address and we'll meet at the airport.
Alright.
So it's 2042 Suncrest Blvd. You'll like him.
I hope so. See you soon.
10 minutes later I was pulled up at Chester's house. I got out and knocked on the door. Chester answered and we walked out with his bag. I put his suitcase in the trunk next to mine and we set off for the airport. We held small conversation before pulling into the LAX parking lot. We met Hannah and Mamrie in the terminal and went through security. I went to grab my bag and slipped. A pair of sturdy arms helped me up. "That was quite the fall there Grace." I turned around to see my ex boyfriend standing there. "Hey Scott. Thanks." I brushed myself off and noticed him still staring. Chester walked up beside me. "Did you and Hannah break up because she's holding that girls hand." He said pointing to Hannah and Mamrie. I became embarrassed very quickly noting that Chester was beside me and now knew that I had dated Hannah. "Uh yea. We did. Look I have to go. Bye." I quickly grabbed my bag and rushed off. I felt Chester on my heels and slowed down. He walked beside me. "So you dated Hannah?" He asked. I nodded. "Not for a long time though." Hannah piped up from behind us. "So you're gay? Not that I'm against gays I'm just wondering." He rambled on. "No I'm not. I'm not gay." I said quietly. "Hey we are going to go grab breakfast. Want anything?" Mamrie asked. I shook my head and so did Chester. They walked up and that left just Chester and I. We arrived at our gate and we sat down. "Who was that guy? That you were talking to?" He asked. "My ex boyfriend. No one special." I said. My cheeks flushed and Chester looked concerned. "You don't have to be embarrassed Grace. No one is judging you." Chester said calmly. His voice quiet and soft. "You are."
"No. I'm not. I already know who you are. I don't need to judge." I smiled weakly. "Thanks Chester."
"Anything for you." I looked at him and moved closer, quickly kissing him on the lips. I immediately regretted it and stood up walking away.