Chapter 8

I looked for an expression on Chester's face. He just looked down, eyes watering. "So when I asked you if you still loved her- if you were still gay... You lied? To me?" He said choking up a little bit. I didn't know what to say. I mean I love Chester, but I love Hannah. "N-" "Don't bother, I don't need to hear it." He said looking down.  We stopped at a has station and Hannah and Mamrie got out to fill the car and buy some snacks. I was looking out the window when I saw Chester lean forward to move to the next row. "I love you Chester." I said quickly so that maybe he wouldn't move. We had locked eyes and I had tears streaming down my face. "Chester I love you." I said again through tears. "Please Chester, please. I love you." The rim of my shirt becoming soaked with tears. He looked at me, and came next to me putting his arm around me as I rested my head on his shoulder. "If you love her more. Go after her." He said. Anger starting to form but very subtle. It wasn't real anger. It was sympathetic anger. "I'm fine right here Chester." "Good." He responded. Hannah and Mamrie had returned. Hannah looked in the rear view to see us cuddling and looked away very quickly. We got to our hotel and put our stuff in our rooms. Chester had his own room and Hannah, Mamrie and I had two queens to share. I was about to go to bed when I got a call from my mom.
"Hey mom, what's up?"
"Grace am I suppose to bring goose to the show?"
"Well yes. Didn't Kim call you?"
"Of course but I can't guarantee anything."
"That's fine. Can you just try?"
"Of course sweetie. I'll see you soon. Bye."
"Bye."
I climbed into bed and was interrupted yet again by a knock on the door. It was Chester. "I'm very lonely on my own with such a big bed." He said smiling. I looked at him and followed him to his room. He opened the door and we walked in. The tv was on and there was a lot of food on the table. We didn't eat dinner so I was hungry and none of the food had been touched. He pulled out a chair for me. "What is this?" I asked. "Well we never got to go out for dinner so this is going to be it." I sat down and he went to the other side of the table and sat down. We ate dinner and were on the bed watching tv. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." He leaned over and kissed me very passionately. He me over and was on top of me. We were making out and he tugged at my shirt. ~~I remember college. My boyfriend at the time... Chris. He was on the track team. We were at his parents house in the woods. And we did it. But then the after math. "Grace the condom broke." ~~
I pulled away a little bit and he took a hint. "I love you Grace. Don't forget that." He said still on top of me. I reached up and pecked him on the lips. "I love you too Chester." He got off of me and turned the tv off and we fell asleep.

The next morning I saw Chester leaning over the bed. "You okay babe?" I asked. "Do you really love Hannah?"
I didn't know what to say. I leaned over kissed his neck and left to go back to my room. I got to the room and Hannah opened the door not even making eye contact. "Good morning Hannah." I said. She pulled me into the bathroom. "What you said yesterday. Does that mean nothing to you?"she looked me in the eyes. "Hannah. I do love you. You are with Mamrie. I am with Chester." I looked at her and walked out to get ready. "Morning Mamrie." "Morning Grace. How was last night?" She said winking at me. "It was fine. We had dinner and we cuddled till we fell asleep." I replied indicating that we had not done anything. We got ready and went to get Chester. We got into the car and drove to the venue. We rehearsed until show time. Everyone was ready to go. The video intro started and Hannah, Mamrie and I walked out. We did or opening and now we were going to introduce ourselves "Hi everyone I'm Hannah hart." She bowed. I looked into the crowed and saw my mom with goose. Thank god she was alright. But my mom was suppose to be backstage. My mom sat in a seat and got goose to sit. "And iiii'mm Mamrie hart." Mamrie bowed. "Hi everyone and I'm Grace Helbig!!" When I went to bow I slipped and fell. Goose being Goose went defensive leaping out of my moms grip and bound up the stage jumping on top of me. "Goose!! I'm alright girl I'm alright. Get off me silly." The crowd was going crazy. I looked at Mamrie and she gestured for me to get up and walk over. "Sorry." I said. "No problem. The crowd loves goose. Let's keep her up here." Mamrie said. I just nodded and saw that Mamrie was motioning for Chester to take Goose. Besides I realized it Goose had jumped on top of me and o was on the floor again. "Goose!" I said playfully. Chester walked on stage and the crowd was screaming. Chester tried to take goose by her collar but Goose is a very aggressive dog and she won't like it. "Babe no!" Before I could take back what I said Chester was tackled to the ground by Goose. But the crowd was silent. I had called Chester babe. And I couldn't take it back. I just tackled Goose and took her backstage as chatter began to rise among the audience. Mamrie and Hannah were laughing. "Goose. Why would you do that? Don't be a dumb dumb. I love you peaches but you can't do that." I scratched her ears before realizing that my mic was on and the audience heard that too. Everyone in the crowd said "Aww" in unison. I walked on stage holding Goose. "Now you all know I am not a robot. I have feelings. Your welcome!!" I said kissing Goose. I looked over at Chester. Motioning for him to come with me off stage. We walked off stage and Hannah set up Mamrie's YDAD segment and continued our show. Goose appeared in some of the bits. The show ended  and we went back to the hotel and I took goose with after saying hi and catching up with my mom. They let goose in as long as she didn't pee on the carpet. Goose and I went to Chesters room and cuddled on the couch together. "I love you Grace." He said. "I love you too. Thanks for helping with Goose today." I said while scratching her ears. "No problem babe." I kissed him and all three of us fell asleep.